Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 7/24/18
“You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re to go to bed with satisfaction.”  (George Lorimer)  When I was a kid a radio show began with this song: “Roll out of bed in the morning with a great big smile and a “good, good morning.”   Maybe you don’t get up in the morning with a song, but I’m told that our morning attitude sets the tone for our day.  That old song ends: “You’ll find it worthwhile if you roll out of bed with a smile.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM DR JUDY:  Sometimes I wake up with a song. Or I hear a song over and over in my mind for no reason, or within my meditations. When I pay attention to the repeating lyric, or the lyric that comes directly after, I usually notice that it’s a message that my higher wisdom has for me. ===JACK:  I have a friend who wakes up with this song...
Father, I thank Thee for the night,  And for the pleasant morning light,
For rest and food and loving care,  And all that makes the world so fair.
Help me to do the things I should,  To be to others kind and good,
In all I do, in all I say,  To grow more loving every day.
===JUDY:  What an awesome wakeup song!!===JACK:  Religious, without being syrupy.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Btw each day is exciting for a different reason. Our fourth great grandchild was just born in Washington DC and two of our granddaughters are traveling in Ireland and Scotland and sending lots of pics-thanks to the iPhone and Steve jobs!===JACK:  "...and the beat goes on," as the song puts it.

FROM BB IN CHGO:  I like these oldies that you share.  The theory makes sense.  I always feel if one wakes following a “bad” or dangerous dream, that feeling of apprehension or anxiety can last through the day even though we say, ”it’s only a dream” so the top of the morning mindset does matter.===JACK:  I think that song was the theme of The Breakfast Club national radio show which originated out of Chicago's WMAQ.  I think I have the complete lyric, but not he tune.  I could sing it for you.
Roll out of bed in the morning
With a great big smile and a good, good morning
Wake up with a grin
There's a new day a-tumbling in

Wake with the sun and the rooster
Cock-a-doodle-do like the rooster, useta
You'll find it worth while
If you roll out of bed with a smile

Do your singing in the chalet
As you start this happy day
While you're singing in the chalet
Think of all the fun you'll get the Butlin way

Coffee and rolls with your honey
Turns a gloomy day to a day that's sunny
You'll find it worth while
If you roll out of bed with a smile
===BB: Now I have a big smile; thanks for sending this along to me.  I wonder if the depression made people much more appreciative of everything.  When you have nothing, you still have the choice to smile and think positively though I am sure it was monumentally difficult.  Thank you for sharing.===JACK:  Since there was no TV, a lot was left to the imagination.  When the  Breakfast Club announcer said that they were going to play a march...and everyone should march around the breakfast table, we did just that.  We didn't have much money during the Great Depression, but we has lots of fun.

FROM HUNGRY HOWIE:  there is a Carole King song that, I think, starts....” you’ve got to get up every morning with a smile on your face and show the world that there is love in your heart....”
Your winning words today made me think of this===JACK:  There's another staza to that song which seems to have relevance in this world of ours...
I have often asked myself the reason for the sadness  In a world where tears are just a lullaby
If there's any answer, maybe love can end the madness  Maybe not, oh, but we can only try."
===HH:  That’s a great oldie!  It has me smiling😊

FRO DAZ IN COLORADO:  Mornings seem to be taking more coffee as time marches on. But then the great big smile.===JACK:  Here's another "smile" song that you probably know and can sing...
 When you're smilin', when you're smilin'  The whole world smiles with you
When you're laughin', oh when you're laughin'  The sun comes shinin' through
But when you're cryin', you bring on the rain  So stop that sighin', be happy again
Keep on smilin', 'cause when you're smilin'  The whole world smiles with you

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Some days I awake with a smile but I’m always glad for mornings.... even when the morning are very late.  Psoriatic Arthritis makes it very hard to get out of bed let alone smile.  But I always thank God for the new day.===JACK:  I know that arthritis is no laughing matter.  I can imagine that even a smile is difficult when the pain is there.  But, this song by Nat King Cole comes to mind.  Maybe it can become your morning song.
Smile though your heart is aching  Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by  If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow  You'll see the sun come shining through for you
Light up your face with gladness  Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near  
That's the time you must keep on trying  Smile, what's the use of crying?  
You'll find that life is still worthwhile  If you just smile
===JUDY:That song brings back a lot of good memories.  My dad, who was totally tone deaf, would sing it to us to bring on a smile!  It always worked mainly because he sang so bad.😊===JACK:  I was going to write..."Smile, though these bones are aching.  Smile, though they feel like breaking..." , but I thought you might think I was making fun of a painful situation...which bring to mind this Louis Armstrong song...
When you smilin', when you smilin  The whole world smiles with you.
Yes when you laughin' oh when you laughin'  The sun comes shinin through.
But when you cryin', you bring on the rain  So stop your sighin baby, and be happy again
Keep on smilin, keep on smilin baby,   And the whole world smiles with you
FROM DAZ IN CO:  Don't make songs like that any more, too bad.

FROM AW IN WB:  Good morning, Jack.  Your winning words continue to be very meaningful to me.  Thanks.===JACK:  Words such as yours (and your friendship) continue to be meaningful to me, too.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  THANKS!! A JAUNTY TUNE, AND PEPPY WORDS...I'D NEVER HEARD THIS.===JACK:  I think that the idea of a peppy song with peppy lyrics is worth sharing with your senior friends.  "What makes you feel peppy?"===OAKS:  Not much, but a good night's sleep helps, and something I really look forward to doing!===JACK:  I can't recall going to bed - tired.  I can recall getting up feeling rested and "ready to go."


No comments: