Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 6/6/18
“He (she) is the best physician who is the most ingenious inspirer of hope.”  (Samuel Taylor Coleridge)  New doctors generally take the Hippocratic Oath whereby they swear by the gods to uphold specific ethical and scientific standards, the first of which is “to do no harm.”  …and:  “I will use treatment to help the sick.”  It may not be in the oath, but…“to inspire the sick to have hope!”  Count yourself fortunate when your list of doctors includes inspirers of hope.    ;-)  Jack

FROM LG:  I love this one, Jack!===JACK:  I recall that our first meeting was at a workshop designed to help bring hope to seemingly hopeless situations.

FROM WALMART REV: My Great Physician most certainly does . . .blessed to have Him  ===JACK:  “Jesus said, ‘Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners’ ”  Who are the righteous?  Who are the sinners?===REV:  Even though a great Friend and Physician as He is, He doesn't always indulge me with the conditions of His other patients . . . I imagine it is because of HIPAA?! ===JACK:  I hadn't thought to put God and Hipaa together.  God puts down the rules, and leaves it to us to make the judgment.  The hidden factor is His grace.

FROM KLaM:  Good one! Thanks===JACK:  It's always a good day when there's a glimmer of hope.  ...especially when the day seems especially dark.===K:  Yes. My older son who is 31 has had health issues and hard to see in a young man.  He is not a good believer in God and religion.  He is a sweet guy tho. Thanks. Enjoy your daily words.===JACK:  One of the frustration with my Winning Words ministry is the lack of face to face contact and the conversation that goes with it.  Sometimes a phone call (or Skype) works, but not always.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Hope=probably the most important word in the English language, or
any language for that matter! Many times I've seen folks lose their spirit when they sense or are told "There is no hope" in their, or a loved one's situation. I saw this  in Bill when the diagnosis came back "Terminal Inoperable brain tumor." It takes the fight out of you. So yes, HURRAH for those inspirers of HOPE!!===JACK:  Thank God for Edward Mote who was led to write:  
My hope is built on nothing less  Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,  But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

FROM JT IN SJ:  WOW scary when i think of our federal government!===JACK:  We are seeing on a political level what happens when a leader and the team are marching to different tunes.  To get the people to march in cadence was part of my work as a pastor.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Doctors should inspire hope!  Sometimes we cling to hope when we least believe we have to face what we have to face in life!===JACK:  I guess that there's always a chance in any situation.  As Yogi said, "It ani't over til it's over."  That's a kind of hope.====JUDY:  Very true!  And for a believing Christian, there is nothing end just a new beginning!






No comments: