Friday, June 22, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 6/22/18
“It’s a common delusion that we make things better by talking about them.”  (Dame Rose Macaulay)  Christopher Morley wrote this “powerful” little poem:  “Out for my evening stroll
I discovered on 84th Street   A power-house, quietly humming to itself,   And though I lived near-by   I had never known it was there.”  I’ve discovered people like that during my lifetime.  They don’t say much, but show up when the work needs doing.  Have you met such people?    ;-)  Jack

FROM WALMART REV:  I have an abundance of them . . . and love them all!! Well, most of them anyway.===JACK:  I'm like you in that matter.  I don't know how He does it...but God loves them all.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  shared your post on my facebook page...===JACK:  Some people are "All Talk!"  It's the "little power-house person" who impresses me.

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  Ok then...no more breakfast talk???===JACK:  Have you had your meeting with Steve, yet?  I do enjoy our talks.  Th3e mind needs exercise, too.

FROM JB IN OLV::  All the time.===JACK:  "birds of a feather..."===JB:  Not a very quiet “bird”.===JACK:  I see you as a Wise Owl, not a Screech Owl.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  ... I just read two posters that seem to speak to this:1.) Don't underestimate me because I'm quiet.  I know more than I say, Think more than I speak, and observe more than you know.  2.) A wise man once said nothing.===JACK:  I like the sound of shhhh!



No comments: