Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 6/12/18
“The human being needs a challenge, and my advice to the people in Singapore…have a challenge.”  (Lee Kwan Yew – 1st Prime Minister of Singapore)  “A Challenge” is sometimes defined as, a time of testing.  I’ve had my “testings”, and I’m sure that you have, too.  I’d like to think that mine have made me stronger, and that’s what Yew wanted for his people.  Whatever becomes of the Singapore Summit, I hope that it results in a more peaceful world.    ;-)  Jack

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  Amen!'''===JACK:  A man, in conversation with Jesus, said: "I believe.  Help my unbelief."  Sometimes I feel conflicted like that.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  amen to that!===JACK:  That's a 2nd Amen to today's WWs.  Do I hear a 3rd?===PAUL:  having said that, i am also fearful that this is all just window dressing, the kind of showmanship Trump is famous for.  Mike Pompeo raised holy hell when Obama signed the Iran nuclear agreement.  today, he sits down for a photo op and a very loosely worded agreement with Kim Jong Un.   the proof will be in the pudding and that may be a long way down the road.   you don't dismantle overnight what has taken years to create.  just my two cents.===JACK:  An old radio mystery program had this tagline..."Who knows?  The Shadow knows!"  The future is hidden in the shadows.  "Who knows?  Well, God knows," and I find comfort in that.

FROM TL:  Amen Amen.  God Bless Us.  Let It Be So.  Thank you!===JACK:  There we have it!   The 3rd Amen.  Three hopes for a successful outcome to the Talks!

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  it can’t hurt, can it?===JACK:  That remains to be seen.  There are BIG risks.

FROM GOPHER LYNN:  I agree \\\JACK:  ...bit, in the back of my mind...
   


No comments: