Friday, May 04, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 5/4/18
“We cannot choose our external circumstances, but we can always choose how we respond to them.”  (Epictetus)  Epictetus was a Greek philosopher who believed that many of life’s events are simply beyond our control, so relax and learn to adjust.  I wonder if Queens of the Stone Age knew of Epictetus when they wrote their song, “Go With the Flow?”  Chiropractors and psychologists do adjustments to ease pain, and I suppose we could do the same.    ;-)  Jack

FROM SF:  And ...‘Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. You are in charge of your attitude.’ (Charles Swindell?)===JACK:  Chuck Swindoll is "one of those televangelists," but that shouldn't deter you from the valisity of the words you quoted.  He's written many books, one of which caught my eye,,,"Esther, A Woman of Strength and Dignity."  Maybe someone has said that about you!

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  I guess nothing stays the same so just take one day at a time! My new hip replacement has slowed me down but I am looking forward to a granddaughters college graduation and a grandsons high school graduation on Fort Worth Tx. The college graduation is in Gainesville. ====JACK:  I remember when hip replacements were new.  Not always good.  A friend had to have his done 3 times, and it still wasn't what had been promised.  They've come a long way since then.  Our own graduations are in the faded past, aren't they?


No comments: