Thursday, May 31, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 5/31/18
“Wrong is wrong, no matter who says or does it.”  (Malcolm X)  Don’t ask me, why, but I remember the announcement when Malcolm X died…a Sunday afternoon on Whitney St.  M-X  was a controversial figure then…and still is for some.  But whatever you may think of him, his words are true…”Wrong is wrong!”  But, who interprets wrong?  Jesus interpreted what is right..”You shall love God above all, and love your neighbor as you love yourself.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM WALMART REV:  Good Morning, Jack Freed!! Still appreciating our morning gatherings together while apart!!====JACK:  You are the "first" responder today.  Were you called out last night?====REV:  Actually working on a chaplaincy presentation at our Annual AG Chaplaincy Conference in Springfield, MO at the end of June. My assignment is "Smaller Town Chaplaincy Opportunities". I'm laying there at 3am rolling thoughts over and over in my mind and thought I may as well get up and write them down!====JACK:  Isn't it strange how the brain can keep working while the body sleeps.  I've sometimes awakened in the middle of the might with ideas for sermons or Winning Words.  "God moves in a mysterious way, his wonders to perform," wrote William Cowper.

FROM RT:  Thank you for the 'Winning Words.' It is good to be back on line with you again.  ====JACK:  E-mail addresses change from time to time as circumstances change.  Detective work sometimes solves the "crime."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  We are quickly losing this idea in this day and age.  It’s an “I’m ok you’re ok”====JACK:  Each age has its issues.  Can you believe it?  X's quote and your reference to I'm OK are both over 50 years old!  That's ancient.  A more current reference might be a lack of trust in people, institutions and traditional values...and for good reason.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Absolutely.  The lack of morals and the move away from Gods teachings are scary.  There are very basic teaching which are being twisted around to fit society.  Is the end near?  Every generations thinks it’s just around the corner...even the disciples thought so.  But I wonder?!? ====JACK:  I've just returned from the funeral of someone about your age.  "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only."  (Matthew 24:36).  I've been to funerals for people my age, too.  It gives one pause.

FROM DAZ IN COLORADO:  I remember when you first started on a computer and look at you now!====JACK:  Yes, you were my first teacher...and I couldn't have had a better one, an engineer who worked on the first moon landing, putting a man on the moon and retrieving him.  WOW!

No comments: