Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 5/15/18
“Happiness is an inside job.”  (William Arthur Ward)  A psychological study shows that roughly 40% of our happiness is controlled by us.  We can alter our life by altering our attitude.  Associate with upbeat people, listen to “happy” music, practice smiling, practice compassion.  These can become your life.  It works the other way, too.  Negativity begets negativity.  So, let this be your song…“Brush off the clouds and cheer up.  Put on a happy face.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM KC (A NEW READER):  I’m enjoying your winning words. Thank you.

FROM WALMART REV:  "...standing alongside you, Jack!!" Always a winning combination!! 0:-)====JACK:  ...but your grin is wider than mine.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  :-)====JACK:  Now, that's a happy face.====LIZ:   i took your good advice!====JACK:  Here's one of my favorite morning songs..."Roll out of bed in the morning with a great big smile and a GOOD, GOOD MORNING!  Wake up with a grin.  There's a new day a-tumbling in."

FROM SF:  Agree!  Here’s a funny aside... whenever the kids were out playing and came home with some wet on their pants, we would say “that looks like an inside job! “. Even if it was sprinkler or rainwater, we would tease! We still use that term when somebody gets wet on the pants!====JACK:  "Wetting your pants!"...the ultimate embarrassment for a young child or an older person.  Our response to them ought to be "caring", not "staring."  Apart from that...a family's inside jokes are a lot of fun.  One of ours..."This food tastes musty!"  "I'm so sorry!"  "No, it  tastes like I musty have some more."====SF:  How about...What are we having for dinner?  Mustgo.   What’s mustgo?  Everything that must go!  (I love leftovers! Everything is better the next day!! Except sushi!)====JACK:  Sushi isn't my favorite, even on the first day.  Having said that, I ate yogurt for the first time today.  Mixed with granola, it was pretty good.  My father used to eat pig's feet.  That was not for me.

FROM SA IN WA: Today's WW help refocus. Thanks.====JACK:  You are in control (most of the time).

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Attitude is all in the head and heart!  Put a smile in your heart today! ====JACK:  In a way, this relates....I saw this adage: "Fall in love head first!"

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Happy happy happy! Enjoy each day! I am about to leave on an armchair travel to New Zealand and Fiji! It will bring back memories of our trips to Australia where we visited Mary Hauberg and her family and to Bali where they have rainbow sunsets !===JACK:  "Armchair travel" is a new term for me, but I can surmise what it is.  My granddaughter traveled to Indonesia last year...washed and elephant and was bitten by a monkey (needed rabies shots).

FROM INDY GENIE:  That’s for sure! Smiling is such a good path to happiness!  And music... I saw John Prine in concert last Saturday night...so life giving. My colleagues actually commented on how “youthful” I looked on Monday morning! Ha!====JACK:  Another HAPPY song...Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy."  I think I'll YouTube it now.====GENIE:  Another one...Bob Marley’s “Don’t worry about a thing” the title is actually “Three Little Birds”====JACK:  I like the best and the theme///"Everything's gonna be alright!"

FROM GOPHER LYNN:  I would consider myself an UPBEAT person====JACK:  And you have the smile to go along with the upbeat persona.













No comments: