Friday, April 20, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 4/20/18
"Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.”  (Elvis Presley)  My first car was a 4-cyl Model A.  I remember when Ford came out with the replacement V8 engine.  POWER!  When Elvis talks about ambition, he describes it as a dream with POWER!  The King came from ordinary roots in Mississippi, but he had a dream, a dream of becoming a star.  He had ambition; he wouldn’t give up.  Many of life’s successes come to those who won’t abandon their dream.    ;-)  Jack

FROM DR J IN OHIO:  Or an electric motor====JACK:  Have you ever come close  to running out of juice with your Bolt?

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  My dream was to have a large family-being an only child! After a year in Peoria as a social worker for an orphanage and a home for delinquent girls and seven years of teaching in Moline and Long Beach, I was married and lived in Nassau! We had five children-including twins! I stayed home for 20 years with the family. That was my main goal. So now I have 18 grandchildren and my fourth great grandchild due in July. We have been blessed! And life is very full and interesting!====JACK:  3 children and 6 grandchildren for me.

FROM INDY GENIE:  I loved the V8 engine.====JACK:  Were you ever pulled over for speeding?
 ====GENIE:  Are you kidding?? Of course I was!  Lead foot...and so easy to do in a V8, although I manage to do it in my Honda too:)

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Many movie stars will tell you it's not always the superior talents that achieve fame and stardom, but those who perservere, who don't give up.  That's probably  true in
all professions, as far as success is concerned.  Some decide  the price is just too high and opt for lesser goals. They my be happier personally than those who reach "the top"!====JACK:  Many professions could benefit from mentoring programs, but my feeling is that many who might need mentoring don't want to admit the need...and that those who could serve as mentors are concentrating on other issues.

FROM WBEE:  Ambition is a curious thing - to much ambition and you can be branded at someone lacking in character.  In Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar Mark Anthony speaks about how Caesar was marked as ambitious. He than pivots and says something like that if Caesar was ambitious it was a grievous fault ~ but he was not ambitious for himself but for Rome. Ambition is a very complicated trait.   "It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past"  (Carl von Clausewitz)====JACK:  The V-8 represented power.  Ambition = V-8 = power.  Some drivers do not know how to use a powerful engine.  Some ambitious people do not know how to best use their ambition.  Elvis began well, but the power destroyed him.


No comments: