Monday, March 26, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 3/26/18
“Big sweeping life changes really boil down to small, everyday decisions.”  (Ali Vincent)  In meteorology it’s called, The Butterfly Effect…how small changes in a weather system can cause big variations.  That’s why forecasts aren’t always correct.  A news article last week told how regular small eating and exercise habits can make a big difference in health.  Even by repeating  “Eat Less, Exercise More,” can help.  I’m working on “Mess Less, Pick up More.”    ;-)  Jack
ROM GOPHER LYNN:  LOL – I can’t imagine you make much mess ====JACK:  You should see how fast I can un-mess the house when I get a call that  someone's stopping by,,,soon.  Has it ever happened to you?====LYNN:  YES – my house is always messy because we live in it

FROM HUNGRY HOWIE:  Talk less, listen more====JACK:  I hear you!

FROM DOWN ON THE FARM:  A good reminder for Monday morning... Good teachers (or mentors) help learners break, seemingly insurmountable tasks into smaller, more manageable parts. We are creatures of habit. Start a good habit, today!"====JACK:  Jesus summarized the Ten Commandments into one..."You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind and your neighbor as yourself."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: How about “Complain less....”====JACK: I wouldn't make a fuss
about that!====JUDY: Oh but I complain too much about the pain I experience and no one wants
to or needs to hear it. But, I’ll tell ya if ya want to hear about it! lol

FROM TAMPA SHIRL: I love 💗 the one talk less, listen more====JACK: With the passing of
time sermons have become shorter. When I began preaching, 20 minute sermons were considered
to be short. Now, I've noticed them to be around 10 to 12 minutes. I wonder if it's because of our
abbreviated society, guided by iPhones and shortened text messages.

FROM GARY: As you and I know, knowing names of the flock and those important to them went a long way in building relationships.====JACK: This is what the Gospel of John says about the Good Shepherd:    "He calls his own sheep by name and leads ...They follow because they are familiar with his voice."  That's part of being a good pastor.  To visit the sick and others in need ia also important.  And so too is preaching an interesting and relevant sermon.  "To comfort the afflicted and to afflict the comfortable!"

No comments: