Friday, March 23, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 3/23/18
“I can’t go back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”  (Lewis Carroll)  I remember well how GOP Sen. Everett Dirksen was criticized for changing his vote on an issue.  The only people who don’t change their mind are in a cemetery or a mental institution, was his reply.  The people we meet and the times we experience have a way of changing us.  While I love my yesterdays, I wouldn’t want to be stuck in the past.   Vive la difference!    ;-)  Jack

FROM SF:  So true! I was so shy in my ‘yesterdays’ and could hardly find my voice. Thankfully, that has changed and I really am a different person! (Same in the inside though!)====JACK:  "By the grace of God" the direction of my life changed.  I can't pinpoint a time or situation.  I just know that it happened, and I am grateful.

FROM RJP IN NAPLES:  Wow, didn't know you spoke French!!!!!====JACK:  Whee!

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  his granddaughter, sen howard baker’s daughter, is a college friend... ====JACK:  I'm impressed.  I do seem to remember a Dirksen/Baker connection.  I didn't always agree with Dirksen's politics, but in this instance, I supported him wholeheartedly.  As I recall, bi-partisanship made for better government for all the people in the "olden" days.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Enjoy each day !👍====JACK:  To find enjoyment requires effort... separating the wheat from the chaff.

FROM A VOICE OUT OF THE PAST:  I really enjoy your posts.  Thanks for sharing.====JACK:  Sometimes a WWs' name from the hundreds appears on the screen and surprises me.  Thanks for being in touch.  Do you live both in Canada and the USA?

FROM DOPHER LYNN:  You are right about that!  (The only people who don’t change their mind are in a cemetery or a mental institution.)  Michigan basketball – nice win by them yesterday….they may be a Final Four team!  GO BLUE! ====JACK:  I also hope you're right about Michigan's chances in March Madness.  "One and done" makes it nerve-wracking.

FROM THE SHARK:  Amen my friend.====JACK:  We're on the same page.

FROM A McC:  Agree with all you said.  May he rest in peace.====JACK:  ...and when it comes to judging him, I'll leave that up to the Judge who makes no mistakes.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  We are constantly evolving, so true, both mind and body...I like Dirksen's reply!  Sometimes that takes more courage than NOT changing  ! remember Kissinger 'saying "Nobody will ever win "the battle of the Sexes'. There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy!"  Made me laugh, and was memorable. :-)  Have a good weekend!====JACK:  About not changing... the tombstone which read: "See, I told you I was sick."


No comments: