Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 3/14/18
“My interest is in the future, because I’m going to be spending the rest of my life there."  (Charles Kettering)  This quote was often used in Kettering speeches.  He was one of America’s great inventors, particularly in the auto industry.  Today’s credit card also traces back to him, and so does air-conditioning.  With his inventor’s mind he foresaw the future as a wonderful place to live.   What invention do you think might bring optimism to the world today?    ;-)  Jack 

FROM HONEST JOHN:  My Dad held several patents.   He worked in R & D for Deere..and then left and started his own business....developed several new types of feed which he sold in his business...====JACK:  There must be some satisfaction in coming up with an idea that no one's thought of before.   To have sermons limited to fresh ideas would tend to make them a lot shorter.
====JOHN:  He was the kind of character that one meets in novels.   I loved him.    We were both great Cubs' fans.    We also were as different as night and day.   He finally came to grips with that.   I am more like my mother....a good Swede.====JACK:  I, too, was more like my mother...German.  We were both Cubs fans until I moved to Detroit.  She never like to lose.  (Me, too) She lived to be 102.  I told her that I was going to beat her by living to be 103.  Now, I'm not so sure that that's a good idea.

FROM WALMART REV:  Still enjoying the ones we have, to stop and think of a new one?! ====JACK:  Which invention do you enjoy the most?  I enjoy so many....but right now it's the computer.====REV:  The iPhone with its computer and internet service would be at the top of my list . . . I have my office files and phone right there in my hand.====JACK:  Do you read your Bible that way, too...or are you too old fashione for that?

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Anything that Elon Musk comes up with====JACK:  Do you have a Tesla? ====SHIRL:  Nope.   What do u think of roads under the streets to relieve the traffic?====JACK:  It would probably be too expensive.  Self-driving cars will allow bumper to bumper traffic to move swiftly and safely.  Less congestion downtown, too.

FROM QUILTING CAROL:  Here's an interesting invention...
http://www.chonday.com/Videos/ trailerghu4

No comments: