Thursday, March 01, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 3/1/18
“Why do we have to wait for special moments to say nice things or tell people we care about them?”  (Randy Milholland)  Randy was bumming around, doing odd jobs here and there, when a friend said, “Why don’t you do something positive with your life?”  In Randy’s mind that “something” turned into the famous web-comic, “Something Positive,” which led to even more success.  Perhaps there’s a “Randy” within you who needs some encouragement.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  Our days are full of them, when having foresight to look around for them. Sit still long enough out in the public, they will walk right up in front of us.===JACK:  On an average...How many sitdown conversations do you have on a morning at the Target coffee shop?  How many waves?====REV:  Walmart has been my primary place on interactions the past couple of years now since Target replaced their snack area with a Starbucks and no more popcorn.  I have recently began tabulating those from our church only that I have waved at or visited with, sharing our appreciation for worshipping with us or letting them know we've missed them of late.  The list is from February 2018. They are submitted to help me convey, even though I am out of the office more than before, I still am quite busy reaching out to our congregants.====JACK:  When I think of your outreach ministry, I think of the Gospel song that you've probably sung...
I can hear my Savior calling,  I can hear my Savior calling,  I can hear my Savior calling,
“Take thy cross and follow, follow Me.”
Refrain:  Where He leads me I will follow,  Where He leads me I will follow,
Where He leads me I will follow,  I’ll go with Him, with Him all the way.
I'll go with Him to our Walmart.  I'll go with Him to our Walmart.  I'll go with Him to our Walmart.
I'll go with Him, with Him, all the way.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  handyman work is positive. don’t look down on people!====JACK:  Fortunate is the one who has a "handyman" who can be called upon to do odd jobs around the house.  Last week one of them installed a new garage door opener for me.  After the spring thaw I need one to straighten my mailbox which has been tilted by the snowplow.

FROM TRIHARDER:  I don't.  You don't. ====JACK:  As Dr Seuss wrote..."There's nobody youer than you."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  This gives me something to think about!!!====JACK:  That's what Winning Words is meant to accomplish.

FROM AW IN ILLINOIS:  I try to say nice things in the moment when people can still hear me.  So I think this is a good statement today.====JACK:  It's always good when there's a WWs response from you.

No comments: