Friday, February 09, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 2/9/18
“Just when I think I’ve learned the way to live, life changes.”  (Hugh Prather)  Last week I saw a funny video…adults trying to pass a 3rd Grade test: history, grammar, spelling, science, with answers to be in cursive.  It’s funny, but not strange.  Times change.  If we don’t adjust to life’s changes, the 3rd graders will leave us behind.  Some friends of mine are involved in taking college courses for seniors..Lifelong Learning.  Yes, our learning should be lifelong.    ;-)  Jack

FROM JLF:  That sounds funny. Where did you find that video? I’d like to see that. I would probably struggle with it!====JACK:   Here you are....

BuzzFeed Video - Adults Try To Pass A 3rd Grade Test | Facebook


FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  Yup!!! And schools are criticized for not teaching kids “anything.”  Most parents have to study to help their 2nd graders with homework====JACK:  I even found that to be true when I was trying to help my children with homework during Middle School.

FROM PT AT OLCCP:  Jack – an old friend, Rev. Henry Jones, who was actually one of the preachers here at Orchard Lake back in the ‘30s and ‘40s when the church became Presbyterian, would always say “You only grow old when you think you’re too old to grow.” Much wisdom in those words for people of all ages!!====JACK:  I seem to remember Henry from the 70s when we were in the process of forming a Ministerial Association.  At the time I think he was a supply pastor in Commerce Twp or Walled Lake. 

No comments: