Friday, January 12, 2018

Jack’s Winning Words 1/12/18
“While I relish the warm months, winter forms our character and brings out our best.”  (Tom Allen)  What’s your favorite season of the year? – Spring: the smells, colorful gardens, going for walks, trees in bud – Summer: turning on the grill, baseball, going to the beach, the ice cream truck – Autumn: fall colors, football games, bonfires with s’mores, cider and donuts, Halloween – Winter: building snowmen, singing carols, nostalgia, outdoor sports.    ;-)  Jack

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  Autumn. From when I was in school:  it was NEW BEGINNINGS: New school year, out with classmates (Jr. High, MHS, college), making new friends, new things to do and see, etc.====JACK:  I thought the season was called, Fall, because leaves fall during that time, but I was surprised to learn that "fall" comes from the Old English word feallan which means “to fall or to die.”

FROM SNOWBIRD SANDI:  Nah. 😎 ====JACK:  What was the holiday like in Florida?  I went to Minnesota for Christmas.====SANDI:  It was lovely. So blessed to have this choice! We really love our winters here! Hope you are well and ‘forming your character’ in the Michigan winter! 😎 ====JACK:  To be able to choose...What a great opportunity.  Sometimes we take it for granted.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  it’s all good!====JACK:  It all depends on the view you want to take.  I could have focused on negatives in each of the seasons, because there are negatives all around, if you want to look for them.====LIZ:  spring negatives that are really positives in disguise:
thunderstorms!  too short/fleeting... makes us appreciate spring’s beauty  any other negatives for spring?====JACK:  I hate the "false starts"--nice  one day--then snow--then melting--then rain--then  tornado sirens.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  all year in Florida with air conditioning when necessary otherwise fall would. E second choice====JACK:  Isn't it great that people choose to live in various places in the world.  It would be pretty crowded if everybody tried to live in Tampa.  You'd probably want to move.====SHIRL:  4 million people in 1963 now 20 million and counting====JACK:  That's another good thing about living in the Detroit area.  Comfortable growth.

FROM TARMART REV:  From you posts, it looks like they all are very appealing!!====JACK:  There are times when the unappealing turns out to be appealing...given time and circumstances.

FROM DM IN LIV:  I love them all! 😊====JACK:  I purposely left out the negatives.  "Into each life some rain must fall."  A meaningful life is being able to adjust to change.====DM:  Well, it worked.  As someone who loves summer, I realized how all four season have wonderful offerings thanks to your message.  I do believe that our difficulties and challenges in life help us to appreciate and enjoy the good moments all the more.====JACK:  Griping is an onomatopoeia word.====DM:  LOL, I had to look up onomateopoeia and I agree!  Thank you for your WINNING WORDS! 😊

FROM KF:  all of the above - that's why we love Michigan : )====JACK:  When I lived in Illinois, our community on the Mississippi was called, "The armpit of the nation."

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  i love all seasons...everyday bringing it's surprises and gifts.  i am approaching a new life season.  yesterday i announced my retirement.  bittersweet but excited to see who else "ms.mary" can be.😏====JACK:  I think that with the change of season, you are going to miss how each new class of youngsters will relate to them.  How long have the Lillstroms been related to that school?====MARY:  i think it was spring 1964 when my mom walked in with sarah and asked if she could volunteer help so sarah could have playmates.  the rest of us were in "big school" so we were making new friends.  the rest is "herstory"...our story.  i will miss the marvel of the children in each new day.  i'll have to find a way to keep it alive in me.====JACK:  You know that old saying..."When the door closes, God opens a window."

FROM LP IN SP:  Mine is Fall   I do love the change though – only not today when it is -10 below ====JACK:  College Football in the Fall.  I love it...even more than the pros.====LP:  Me too!  BUT Go Vikings this weekend!  Purple City around here this weekend ====JACK:  Can you imagine what it would be like if the Vikings were to play in the Super Bowl in their own stadium?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY: Yes!  All of the seasons are my favorite!  Everyone is special and I love something of them all!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  It's hard to choose, as I would definitely miss the 4 distinct seasons, if I lived where it was always warm and sunny, or cold and dark, but I think Spring and Fall have the edge if I really needed to make a choice!  So blessed to be able to enjoy life in any season!! Our play "Couplings" opens tonight for 3 performances over the weekend at the Playhouse on the Square. I portray an older lady dealing with advancing Alzheimers...(But my "husband" still thinks I'm as beautiful as the day we met! HA!) Thankful to be "clothed and in my right mind!"====JACK:  The gift of "mind" is beyond comprehension.  Why this?  Why that?  Why anything?




No comments: