Monday, November 20, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 11/20/1
“How ya livin’?  Ask yourself each day.”  (Dr. Rick Rigsby)  Several people sent me the video of Rigsby’s commencement address which began, “The wisest person I ever met was a 3rd grade dropout.”  He was referring to his father who had to quit school to work on the family farm…but he never stopped learning…and giving good advice.  “Always remember to be kind…Every day, ask yourself, ‘How ya livin’?’”  Today…Ask yourself: “How am I living?”    ;-)  Jack

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  Yep - Dr. Rick is just up the road from us in Allen, TX - a suburb of Dallas.  'Twas a great commencement speech.  All of my wife's challenges gave me pause to think how lucky we are to have our health - and other blessings.====JACK:  One of the table prayers that might be used at Thanksgivingtime begins, "God is great.  God is good..."

FROM LBP:  I started to nit pick the details of how I’m living ... but then changed: “I am blessed”. Thanks to a friend from my recent church family for modeling that behavior.====JACK:  Of course you know what a "nit" is...and how "nitpicking" often keeps us from enjoying life!  Instead, why not "Count your many blessings, name them one by one..."

FROM DEPUTY DOG:  I sent this out to the PD last week – Great speech!====JACK:  "Always be kind!" is advice worth repeating.

FROM KF:  When S started school we worked with her on social skills and instilled "to have friends you have to be a friend". Each day after school we would talk about what she did to "be a friend" to various students in her class. She was a child that had a few good friends, and learned to be accepting of others who were not the nicest kids.====JACK:  "As the twig is bent, so grows the tree."  ====KF:  ;  )   C'est moi!!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  We’re livin to the best of our ability....but there’s always room for improvement!====JACK:  I like the button that someone was wearing... reading...PBPGINFWMY ...PleaseBePatientGodIsNotFinishedWithMeYet.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I have a little plaque & a lapel pin with that saying "Please be patient - God isn't finished with me yet". It's a good thought, and so true. Our Livin' improves as we are reformed, and burnished, etc. The address of Rigsby  sounds like a winner!====JACK:  I think that you can YouTube of Google the complete address.  Bill's pin probably read: PBPGINFWMWY.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Enjoying each day and trying to be helpful====JACK:  I think Jesus would approve of that.



No comments: