Friday, November 17, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 11/17/17
“People ask me, ‘What about gay adoptions?  Interracial? Single Parent?’  I say, ‘Hey fine, as long as it works for the child and the family is responsible.  Every child deserves a home and love.  Period!’”  (Dave Thomas)  Tomorrow the dreams of thousands of children and adults (I know of 5) will come true as adoptions are finalized on National Adoption Day.  One reason I patronize Wendy’s is because of Dave Thomas’s support of adoptions.    ;-)  Jack

FROM PPM:  We adopted this little bug one year ago. I’m excited for all those families that will be celebrating their legal adoptions tomorrow. Such an amazing gift for the children and those families!  ====JACK:  Before my mind kicked into gear, I thought you were going to show me a video of a bug.  But it made my day when I saw that it was your child.  And since it was a year ago, the process probably was part of National Adoption Day.  What's the bug's name?====PPM:  We actually were out of town on National adoption day so we weren’t able to do so on that day. But the judge was amazing in the day he was legally adopted and made it very special for the families. He had life sized teddy bears sitting in chairs in throughout the courtroom and said it was by far his favorite day.  Our son’s name is Pearce Riley. His biological mom, Maggie gave him his middle name. We’ve definitely been blessed! :)====JACK:  Yours is a GREAT Thanksgiving story!  Thanks.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  plus they have great chili and frostys!!====JACK:  I usually get a Spicey Chicken Sandwich...and a Frosty====SP:  chocolate or vanilla??====JACK:  Chawk-lit! ====SP:  love your spelling!!   do you  recall the old Nestle's jingle.  N E S T L E S     Nestles makes the very best.......Chawk lit!

FROM TARMART REV:  . . . .it sure beats abortion rights in my way of thinking." ====JACK:  I haven't seen any people walking around with "adopt a child" signs, although I do see plenty of "adopt a pet" advertising. ====REV:  So true...perhaps health care expenses for animals runs with equal statistics as children’s nowadays?! A retired farmer friend of mine refers to all pets (goats, miniature horses, dogs, cats, etc.) as “just farm animals and are very expendable if need be!”====JACK:  Those who wish to adopt a child should be held to a higher standard than those who want to adopt a stray dog or cat.====REV:  I would surly hope so.

FROM TRIHARDER:  Smiling,====JACK: Do you handle adoptions in your practice?====TH:  No. I've never been involved with one. O. The contrary,  I've been involved where parents lose rights to being a parent -- but rarely.====JACK:  Sad to say, but there should probably be more cases where parental rights are taken away.====TH:  The options are weighed.  Whether the child would be better off permanently at various foster care facilities vs. Counseling and rehabilitating a parent.

FROM SHALOM JAN:  Amen, brother!  With Korean and Ethiopian adoptees in our family (Scott's) and my (thwarted by my husband at the time) desire to adopt a Vietnamese orphan after the airlift, I am all for adoption!  I'll meet you at Wendy's sometime for lunch!====JACK:  I once was privileged to baptize a child, born of a surrogate mother.  Does that count as an adoption, or part of one?  ====JAN:  I'm not sure what surrogate mother means, legally.  It seems to me it is at least a partial adoption, as you suggest.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  absolutely!  i like wendy’s chili & frosty.

No comments: