Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 11/1/17
“I don’t have to be wrong for you to be right.”  (Sent by Don Sunshine)  Have you noticed this to be true?  We tend to surround ourselves with people who confirm what we believe.  I’m guilty!  A true seeker after truth would attempt to see all sides of divisive problems.  Equal time for Fox News and MSNBC.  Oh, RATS!  I don’t have enough time to listen to “the other side,” so I’ll just stay with what’s comfortable.  …and I blithely expect unity to evolve.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TL:  Profound!====JACK:  I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.  A 2nd read tells me that I could have done better...telling me that there isn't always a wrong and a right.  But, it is what it is, and if your eyes like it, I should be OK with that.====TL:  Jack, you are an incredible thinker. ====JACK: Let's eliminate the incredible.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  How true!  It’s so easy to get caught up in the norm and just listen to one channel or one opinion, especially one that is the same as mine!  Good thing to think about today!====JACK:  That goes for religion, too.  Michelangelo said it well, toward the end of his life...ANCORA IMPARO...I am still learning.====JUDY:  Absolutely!!!

FROM BB:  Lovely and thoughtful; thanks as ever for being a bright spot in the day.====JACK:  Bright spots are there for those who choose to see them.  Responses such as yours brighten my day.

FROM HUNGRY HOWIE:  Here’s the problem; what if someone is not interested in the truth or willfully ignores the facts or claims alternative facts, then what?  My niece’s husband really believes that the moon landing was staged!====JACK:  The point as I see it...We can each be right, if there is no bi-partisan agreement on what is the truth.  I can believe that there is a God, but if another person denies the existence of God, in his mind that is true.  It's the same with the moon landing, with the birther controversy, with climate change.====HH:  Your talking about relativism. I don’t think certain things can be relative to a point of view.. Slavery is wrong. Murder is wrong. Etc.  The “scientific method” is designed to lead us to the truth whether we like it or not. Truth is not relative to ones beliefs system, it exists on its own. The earth is not flat, period.  I do like this discussion about truth. It gets me thinking.  Thanks====JACK:  The original statement about wrong and right was about arguments (family, business, politics) was simply meant to say that just because one person is right, the other person is not necessarily wrong...not always absolutes.

No comments: