Thursday, September 14, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 9/14/17
“Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.”  (Peter Marshall)  Raise your hand if you’ve heard of Epaphroditus.  He was the “unknown” who brought a gift to the apostle Paul when he was in prison.  There are many “unknowns” in this world who do simple good deeds, not expecting recognition, only to make life better for others.  Kagawa tells of one who planted a violet outside of his cell window.  Jesus said…“the unknowns shall inherit the earth.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM DEACON ROBERT:  Was he an Ethiopian?====JACK:  Nope!  I remember how much fun I had trying to pronounce it for the first time.  ee-PAFF-row-DIGH-tuss.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  No one can argue with that! Kagawa is also the one who said, (at our  AB Nat'l Convention years ago) "I read in the Bible that Jesus went about doing good, and I am convicted that I am so easily content with just going about..."  Which I'm sure was not true of him, from all I've read of his life!  I gave a children's message on Epaphroditus, the kids chanting the pronunciation of his name, to set it in their heads. Fun to say!  Praying we will continue to do small deeds and create smiles in the world!====JACK:  It was said that Kagawa could never keep a shirt.  As soon as someone would give him one, he would find another person greater need and give it to that person.

No comments: