Friday, September 01, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 9/1/17
“God has no hands but our hands to do his work today.”  (Annie Johnson Flint)  God’s hands/Our hands is a poem written to define the need to rebuild Europe after the devastation of WW 2.  Annie’s words can apply to the task of rebuilding after Hurricane Harvey.   Many groups, secular and religious, are collecting funds to help rebuild after Harvey.  Our gifts are a way to be “God’s hands.”  I’m looking at my hands…now…and my checkbook!    ;-)  Jack

FROM DR J:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdiZhJh5q3E
I can change the world, with my own two hands
Make a better place, with my own two hands
Make a kinder place, oh with my, oh with my own two hands
With my own, with my own two hands
With my own, with my own two hands
====JACK:  Yes, that's the message I wanted to convey.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  this is the america we know & love!====JACK:  I've always admired Jimmy Carter for actually using his hands in the Habitat for Humanity housing project.  ====LIZ:  yes! me, too. glad he is ok... keeps on going thru his adversity. admirable, indeed.

FROM TARMART REV:  Our church and denomination are actually involved as well. We sent a group down to New Orleans last time . . . I won't be surprised if we send another team to Houston when called for====JACK:  That "team" might also need a chaplain who knows how to use a hammer.====REV:  They might; but he just may be out of town by then?====JACK:  While we're making plans, sometimes God is making other plans.

JACK:  Someone sent the lyrics for Jewel's "Hands,"  which say, in part:  "We are God's eyes
God's hands  God's mind  We are God's eyes  God's hands  God's heart  We are God's eyes  God's hands  God's eyes  We are God's hands"

No comments: