Thursday, August 31, 2017

ack’s Winning Words 8/31/17
“It’s a dangerous business, going out your front door.”  (J.R.R. Tolkien)  I checked on some “dangerous business” you can be insured for before you walk out the door today.  Like being hit by a coconut, being struck by lightning, losing your hair, or being attacked by zombies… really, I’m not kidding.  But, kidding aside, we do not know what the day may bring.  I like the Jewish tradition of touching a mezuzah before leaving the house.  “God go with me.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM HONEST JOHN:  Here, I am the optimist.   I go forth with hope.====JACK:  One line from "The Optimist Creed" reads..."To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best."  

FROM DMF IN AV:  I remember there was a mezuzah at our house in Michigan when we moved in. ====JACK:  You probably wondered what "that" was.

FROM TARMART REV:  I have one and for many years posted on my office door frame as a reminder of our time in WB.====JACK:  I'll bet there aren't many AG pastors who started a church, using a synagogue as a worship place====REV:  ... only a handful, if any others at all.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  If we knew what was before us on this planet we would never leave our house.  However, God goes before us and with us so we rest assured.  We are not of this world but the everlasting eternity with our God.  We are just passing through!====JACK:  Did you ever sing.. "This world is not my home I'm just a passing through
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
Oh lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore."

FROM SUNSHINE:  Many, many years ago Joanna and I hiked the Austrian Alps.  Everyone we encountered greeted us saying, "Gross Gott"====JACK:  What a great greeting.

No comments: