Friday, June 30, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 6/30/17
“There is music in a rest.”  (John Ruskin)  Mozart said that the most powerful effect in music is no music…the pause.  It can be like that in life.  Vacations re-energize employees to do better work.  I know of people who’ve had accidents or illnesses which have caused them to “rest” from the day to day routine…and become better.  For me, such a rest resulted in mv becoming a pastor.  Beethoven’s 5th (Da,da,da,dah) is an example of a pause’s value in music.    ;-)  Jack

FROM SF:  So happy you took that rest. You impact so many people every day! I also value (require) quiet, restive times. They feed and restore my soul.====JACK:  Speaking of "restoring the soul," I'm reminded of the 23rd Psalm...
א  מִזְמוֹר לְדָוִד:    יְהוָה רֹעִי, לֹא אֶחְסָר. 1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
ב  בִּנְאוֹת דֶּשֶׁא, יַרְבִּיצֵנִי;    עַל-מֵי מְנֻחוֹת יְנַהֲלֵנִי. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters.
ג  נַפְשִׁי יְשׁוֹבֵב;    יַנְחֵנִי בְמַעְגְּלֵי-צֶדֶק, לְמַעַן שְׁמוֹ. 3 He restoreth my soul; He guideth me in straight paths for His name's sake.
ד  גַּם כִּי-אֵלֵךְ בְּגֵיא צַלְמָוֶת, לֹא-אִירָא רָע--    כִּי-אַתָּה עִמָּדִי;
שִׁבְטְךָ וּמִשְׁעַנְתֶּךָ,    הֵמָּה יְנַחֲמֻנִי. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me; {N}
Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me.
ה  תַּעֲרֹךְ לְפָנַי, שֻׁלְחָן--    נֶגֶד צֹרְרָי;
דִּשַּׁנְתָּ בַשֶּׁמֶן רֹאשִׁי,    כּוֹסִי רְוָיָה. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; {N}
Thou hast anointed my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
ו  אַךְ, טוֹב וָחֶסֶד יִרְדְּפוּנִי--    כָּל-יְמֵי חַיָּי;
וְשַׁבְתִּי בְּבֵית-יְהוָה,    לְאֹרֶךְ יָמִים. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; {N}
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

FROM LIFE COACH LS:  Good morning.  I conduct one hour podcasts each month on BodyMindSpiritRadioguide.com.   I would be grateful for the opportunity to interview YOU- who provide me with an inspirational way of awaking each day.  I look forward, as I awake,   to giving thanks for another day and then opening my email to find a thought provoking message from YOU.    I was intrigued this morning when I was reading your winning words about YOUR life's story.
I would be honored to bring your life's experience, vision and knowledge to my audience.
====JACK:  Thanks for your interest in Winning Words.  Many people from many parts of the world read them each day.  I purposely give only glimpses of my life, focusing not on me, but on the message for the day.  Suffice to say, my special rest happened when I was 16 and contracted polio.
The treatment for me, at that time, was to spend 3 months in the hospital, followed by home confinement for the better part of a year.  Since both parents worked, I was home alone for most of the time.  That experience allowed me to be creative in coming up with interesting things to do.   As the saying goes..."We are who we were."====LS:  Thank you for sharing.  I find providing the opportunity for others to find inspiration, confidence and hope through sharing our stories is a gift.  That is why I interview and share the opportunity that I have experienced.  Those that are meant to hear and take away meaning in their own life will be guided to seek out and listen.  Please let me know if you are open to being interviewed.  Wishing you a good holiday weekend and thank you for your quick response this morning.  It feels good to be responded to.====JACK:  If you take the time to write, I take the time to respond.  I commend you for the work you are doing to help people.

FROM STARRY KNIGHT:  This is absolutely true in music! A producer on one of my songs chose a spot in the song...to rest...it was silence for a few seconds :)====JACK:  I like the words of Jesus: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  One of my favorite radios would play for an hour then shut off.  Every night I would turn on the Classical Music station and listen until I fell asleep.  Music means so much to our family.  My great great uncles never could read music but played any instrument they picked up including banjos, piano, drums, guitars, trumpets etc etc.  They were very eccentric....they lived in a small house in Pinconning, MI.  They loved pillars so they built 2 of them in their little house.  They were strange but so fun!  We could listen to their music all day.  Anyway, it added down through the family and each one of us played an instrument and sing in choirs and groups.  Even each grandchild sings!  We are blessed!!====JACK:  I. too, would often fall asleep with the radio playing.  One program I liked was "Night Flight" with Jay Roberts on WJR.====JUDY:  I don't know "Night Flight" but I certainly listened to the radio a lot.  Dick Purtan was my favorite radio program for years and years. ====JACK:  Purtan and I have the same barber.


No comments: