Thursday, June 29, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 6/29/17
“Our knowledge is a little island in a great ocean of knowledge.”  (Isaac Bashevis Singer) A little boy kept dipping a pail into the sea and running back to pour it into a hole.  “What are you doing?” someone asked.  “I’m emptying the ocean into this hole.” He replied.  Basically, that explains our quest for knowledge.  Do you want to know more, as I do?  The fact that the ocean is so vast doesn’t discourage me; it only intrigues me.  I will not give up my pail.     ;-)  Jack

FROM SHALOM JAN:  Thank you for an early morning smile.  I won't give up my pail either.  Life is too fascinating!====JACK:  So much to learn.  So little time.

FROM LEE AND MARIE:  Hi Pastor Freed,  I would like to thank you for putting out your winning words as the first thing I do in the morning is grab my cup of coffee and turn on the computer to see the winning words  for the day and send them on to select friends.  Thanks again, God bless, ====JACK:  The next best thing for me would to sit down with you for a chat...with my mug of coffee.  Today, it's Peet's.  Have you ever tried that brand?

FROM DAZ IN COLORADO:  Last night we went to see Joseph and his amazing Technicolor dream coat with our church senior group. Great production. Kathy said she learned more about the Joseph story.  learning can be fun.====JACK:  Did you sing along  with your part?  Were you the King?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  You're going to need a bigger shovel!  I agree, keep bailing!====JACK:   Pail!  Bigger pail!  Shovels are for cleaning the barn.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  THIS IS SO GOOD,  AND SO TRUE! I'VE READ MANY OF ISAAC B.. SINGER'S SHORT STORIES, AND COULDN[T AGREE MORE WITH HIS OBSERVATION ABOUT KNOWLEDGE, BUT WE KEEP LEARNING UNTIL WE NO LONGER DRAW BREATH IF WE CAN!====JACK:  Your teaching years weren't wasted.  Come to think of it...those years haven't ended, have they?

 FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  That is the fun of living so long-to keep on learning new things. ====JACK:  Your participation in Florida's LifeLong Learning opportunity is an inspiration.  You are a teacher walking the talk.  

No comments: