Monday, June 26, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 6/26/17
“Don’t waste a minute not being happy.  If one window closes, run to the next.”  (Brooke Shields)  Before OMG, there was the expression “Jumping Jehoshaphat.”  Raise your hand if you’ve heard of Jehoshaphat.  He was a king, mentioned in the Bible, who leaped for joy over the miraculous help of God.  Sunday School children sing, “If you’re happy, and you know it, clap your hands.”  Name some reasons for jumping with Jehoshaphat today!    ;-)  Jack

FROM HUNGRY HOWIE:  At the airport flying to Seattle to visit Jonah====JACK:  When he hears that grandpa's coming, he'll turn into Jumping Jonah!

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  the sun is now coming up and i am in pretty good health.  there are two good reasons!====JACK:  Do you remember Mr. Roger's singing: "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood?"

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  But don't run before the window closes. "Some" anticipate the next window and make the "next window" their focus.====JACK:  The rest of the quote is: "...or break down a door."  We each have our own room and our own reasons for either being resigned to staying there or trying to get out.  I should research the background of why Brooke said what she said...but I guess that her business.====JON:   Ahh, yes context. Makes all the difference.====JACK:  Often the Bible is misunderstood because of out-of-context quoting.

FROM TARMART REV:  A brand new week, never lived in before . . . and we have the pleasure of experiencing it!!====JACK:  "This is the day (week) that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it."  (Psalm 118:24)

FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  At this meeting downtown with the Detroit folks and Bishop (3 of us Southfield people hooked up) the Bishop gave a serious opening that we have all been transformed, Martin Luther was transformed, he was transformed and he is not ready to give up on that, we are called to go out with others as others are being transformed. Our supply Pastor yesterday gave a sermon in which she stressed Jesus' instructions to us to "Do not have fear." Afterwards, the table in the Fellowship hall I was sitting at was full of negativity. It was all so upsetting yesterday, it was upsetting this morning until I prayed and the thought popped into me that all of our spirituality/theological foundation isn't just concentrated on worship and fellowship Sunday morning, it seems like God told me "I am working on you folks all week, do not have fear, I am busy transforming you and I am God--don't ever forget that." God being God makes me happy. ====JACK:  I like Paul's advice to the Roman Church (12:21): "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."  I also like that petition in the Lord's Prayer..."Thy will be done on earth."  God has ways of showing up how good can overcome evil.  

FROM PEEZEE:  Good message to read first thing in the morning!====JACK:  Because of people like you...I choose to get up before 5 and head to the computer.  I enjoy sending and am glad to know that you enjoy reading.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I woke up! It's a beautiful cool, sunny, summer day!! My family and I are all reasonably healthy!!!  I am in my right mind!!!!  And so much more....I knew the phrase Jumpin' Jehoshaphat but did not remember this king! Learned something new!!!!! :-) Thanks for WW, Jack! ====JACK:  When I was young I was sometimes accused of DRIVING LIKE JEHU.  Have you ever heard that expression?  Jehu was a king of Israel who was known for his reckless chariot driving.  (2 Samuel 9)

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  1)  I'm reading this so that's a good thing!
2)  Got back yesterday from the U.P.  (Lots of outhouses....some still in use!)
3) It's a beautiful day today!
4) We're taking the kids camping with us for the week in a few minutes.  We have a cabin and the three little ones will stay with us.  Kimberly and Neil will be bringing their camper.  It will be a blast!  (We will need a week to recover!)
5). Well, we have a God will love us and take us to the great Campground in Heaven...hope he has a cabin for us!!
====JACK:  I've never thought of this before.  Will that Campground in Heaven have outhouses?  ...and mosquitoes?====JUDY:  I'm ok with camping as long as I have a cabin with a shower and bathroom.  I don't imagine there will be the need for an outhouse in Heaven but if there is  need, there will be one!  And definitely no mosquitoes!

FROM RUTHIE IN ILLINOIS:  Good morning!  I hadn't thought about jumping Jehoshphat for a looong time! Went out for my morning walk and out of the trees comes a mama deer with her baby! ! It was such a gift!  I was very still while mama checked me out. Then off they ran and my heart jumped too!  Jumping Jehoshphat!  Have a wonderful day Pastor Freed!  ====JACK:  I was mystified.  Every morning the bird feeder was empty.  How could the birds eat that much food?  The, one morning I looked out and a deer was standing there sticking her tongue into the feeder opening.  She jumped and ran off when I rapped on the window.====RUTHIE:  Oh that's funny! They are survivors for sure- we take away their spaces, and they adapt....there's a form of hope in that

FROM DAZ IN COLORADO:  4 1/2 years ago my life took a miraculous turn so I can "jump for joy" with Jehoshaphat every day.====JACK:  God has some interesting ways to bring joy into our lives just when we need it.

FROM VW MARY:  Long daylight hours, great weather, tiger lilies and day lilies in bloom, lunch this week with some high school classmates, to name just a few….. ====JACK:  I like Tiger Lilies, too...especially the name.

1 comment:

Sharon K. Hall said...

At this meeting downtown with the Detroit folks and Bishop (3 of us Southfield people hooked up) the Bishop gave a serious opening that we have all been transformed, Martin Luther was transformed, he was transformed and he is not ready to give up on that, we are called to go out with others as others are being transformed. Our supply Pastor yesterday gave a sermon in which she stressed Jesus' instructions to us to "Do not have fear." Afterwards, the table in the Fellowship hall I was sitting at was full of negativity. It was all so upsetting yesterday, it was upsetting this morning until I prayed and the thought popped into me that all of our spirituality/theological foundation isn't just concentrated on worship and fellowship Sunday morning, it seems like God told me "I am working on you folks all week, do not have fear, I am busy transforming you and I am God--don't ever forget that." God being God makes me happy.
SH in Southfield, MI