Monday, June 12, 2017

Jack’s Winning words 6/12/17
“One message at just the right moment can change your entire day.”  (Megan Murphy)  Do you need an uplift during these days of unease in the world?  Maybe you’ve  heard of the Kindness Rock Project.  M.M. picks up stones during her daily walks.  She paints a positive message on each and leaves them in various spots for others to find.  Finders will often put them in places all over the world.  One that I like reads: “It doesn’t rain forever.”    ;-)  Jack

FROM VW MARY:  A neat thing to do!====JACK: It starts with an idea.

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  More good words, Jack.====JACK:  What would your rock say? ====GEORGE:  "A winner never quits & a quitter never wins."====JACK:  That's appropriate.

FROM TARMART REV:  ...pet rocks, for sure!!' 0;-)====JACK:  I'm sure that your pet rock is the Rock of Ages.====REV:  I could not have come up with a better follow-up line then that One?! 0;-)

FROM HONEST JOHN:  Was that one written to. Noah? ====JACK:  Noah was optimistic..."I'm singing in the rain!"

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  What a novel idea! I've seen rocks with painted messages in craft shows and gift shops, even have  a couple with HOPE, and BELIEVE, and ...THE STONE IS ROLLED AWAY...HALLELUJAH!. But not strewn along hiking paths, etc.  Love that idea! How about Jimi Hendrix message, "When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the world will know peace."====JACK:  FROM BLAZING OAKS:  What a novel idea! I've seen rocks with painted messages in craft shows and gift shops, even have  a couple with HOPE, and BELIEVE, and ...THE STONE IS ROLLED AWAY...HALLELUJAH!. But not strewn along hiking paths, etc.  Love that idea! How about Jimi Hendrix message, "When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the world will know peace."====JACK:  You'd need a pretty big rock for Jimi's message.  Here's an idea....Why not leave a "message rock" outside of your pastor's office door.  Wait to see if he wonders about it or comments on it.====OAKS:  Our pastor is a SHE..Cana Roth...She would no doubt comment on it, but wouldn't know who set it there ...====JACK:  That's your assignment.  I wonder what your message will be?====OAKS:  My message will be:"You are Loved and Appreciated!"  Now to find a rock!

FROM JLF:  I read about the kindness rocks, I thought that was a nice idea.====JACK: Maybe you could leave a "rock" on someone's desk when they're not around...and see what the response might be.

FROM STEVE KENT:  I bet you WW is a message people have 'found' at just the right moment all over the world. Can you imagine what you'd have thought if somebody told you back in your early days as a Pastor that you'd minister and spread the Word to all sorts of people over great distances on a daily basis? If St. Paul was here today he'd knock on your door and ask you to school him on proper email message writing!  I rarely respond, but I assure you, my morning routine begins with a cup of coffee and WW my first five minutes at work, and I am certain many others do the same. Thanks for the WW. ====JACK:  I'm amazed when I think that I "preach" to more people daily with Winning Words than I ever did from the pulpit...even on an Easter Sunday.  ...and the sermons are shorter, too.  ...and no offering, either.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  It's a great idea and I love the saying.  I may cross stitch it for my scrapbook room!  And, I needed the uplift too!====JACK:  "You are not alone in this world!" is another good one.====JUDY:  When I think of our problems I remember those who have much worst thing to face.  We're grateful for God who cares and loves us just as we are!====JACK:  Who knows who will find "your rock (x-stitch) and truly appreciate it?












No comments: