Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 2/14/17
“All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”  (Charles Schulz)  Do you do anything special on Valentine’s Day…a card, flowers, a special dinner?  Cartoonist Schulz suggests a gift of chocolate.  A Univ of Cal (San Diego) study says that eating chocolate is good for you.  It strengthens the brain and helps with math.  It extends your life.  A French woman, age 122, says she eats chocolate every week---so Hershey kisses for the 14th.    ;-)  Jack

FROM BS IN ENGLAND:  HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU!  Do have some chocolate, I love it.====JACK:  What's the favorite brand of chocolate where you live?

FROM VW MARY:  The perfect winning words to send on to friends who sent me a big chocolate bar for Valentine's Day...Happy V Day====JACK:  In my teen days, when I had money in my pocket, I'd occasionally go out and buy one of those large Hershey chocolate bars.  Mmmm

FROM TARMART REV:  Those chocolate covered cherries certainly extended my stomach yesterday afternoon!====JACK:  Did you know that those chocolate cherry cordials  sometimes have a liquor filling?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Charles Schulz was a very smart man!  Happy Valentine's Day!=====JACK:  If Charlie Brown was as smart as Schulz he would have given the little red-headed girl a bag of chocolate kisses.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  My son John and wife are taking her mom (90) and me (87) our for dinner, joining some of their other friends and their moms tonight!  Such a nice Valentine tradition! Son Fred sent "goodies" from WI, to his cheese-lovin' Mama! Sarah graced me with a lovely silk scarf. But true, a little chocolate now and  then surely doesn't hurt: My brain must be in pretty good shape! HA!====JACK:  There's a place in Wisconsin that sells chocolate covered cheese and chocolate covered bacon.  You should have Fred look it up...for next year.

FROM CPA BOB:  We usually only exchange cards for Valentines Day, but Margie overwhelmed me with chocolate today.  It's one of my weaknesses, but with all of these benefits, I won't feel guilty.
Happy Valentines Day!====JACK:  Did you ever have Sanders Chocolate Fudge Bumpy Cake?  You can still order it for $14.99.

FROM JE IN THE WLSD:  Happy Valentine’s Day Jack. Chocolate every week ???? what about a dark Dove candy every day? Too much??!!!  I’m sending a chocolate-filled hug to you.====JACK:  Dove is the best!

No comments: