Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 1/3/17
“You can change your world by changing your words.”  (Joel Osteen)  “Xenophobia” is the Word of the Year according to Dictionary.com…fear of the unknown, fear of people different from you.  The Word of the Year is meant to capture trends in society.  Denmark’s Word of the Year is “Hygge,” a sense of contentment.  Personally, I’d like to see less xenophobia and more hygge in my world.  Of course, my world and your world start with our attitudes.    ;-)  Jack

FROM HONEST JOHN:  Ostensibly (and Freed!) tend to forget that there is a reality out there that impacts us.    Yes, attitude is important but when you are hanging on a cross "hygge" is a tough word to mutter....more appropriate might be "Eli, Eli, Lama sabachthani."====JACK:  Different situations call from different responses...as referenced in Ecclesiastes.  There's a time for "sabachthani" and a time for "hygge."  Both words are hard to say...but their use in a particular situation is the important thing.

FROM JT IN MINNESOTA:  It does take a lot of faith.  I have faith and hope.  And the good men in the right places that God guides and who trust in Him.  Thanks again for the WW====JACK:  There are some times when we question, "Why?"  That's where faith and hope come into the picture, like in the OT, where Job in the midst of suffering that he doesn't understand, says: "Though he slay me, yet will I trust him."  Eventually, it all worked out.

FROM TARMART REV:  Enjoyed reading this morning, especially, "I’d like to see less xenophobia and more hygge in my world" -- My contention exactly!!====JACK:  "Hyyge" has a relation to the word, "Hug," which should be right up your alley.  The world can be changed with more hugging.

FROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  Thanks, Jack!!  ( Me, too!)

FROM DR J IN OHIO:  I’m with you… MORE HYGGE!====JACK:  It starts with getting rid of xenophobia.

FROM BB IN ILLINOIS:  Always inspirational; thanks!====JACK:  There are times when I wonder how and why my fingers move to certain keys?  In-spiration?

FROM DM IN LIV:  My word for 2017 is Positivity.====JACK:  Are you positive about that?

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  My word this year is HOPE.  Without it we couldn't go on with any kind of optimistic attitude. And it is hard to be optimistic right now!  Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today, and forever, but our world sure is not!  Hygge would be most welcome!====JACK:  Another good word is...patience.  God's concept of time is not the same as our's.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  "Hygge"....love it!  We all need to find more Hygge in our lives.  It's a good time of year to start working on it!====JACK:   Danes love it when things Danish are mentioned.  Like---Danish Pastry!

No comments: