Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Jack’s Winning Words 1/25/17
“Optimism for me isn’t a passive expectation that things will get better; it’s a conviction that we can make things better.”  (Melinda Gates)  Bill and Melinda may be the richest couple in America, but they’re also the most generous…giving away $28 billion to help eradicate polio and malaria in the world.  But generosity isn’t just for the wealthy.  We each can do something, in our own way, to make this world a better place.  Have you seen “generosity” lately?    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  Actually I see it, try to share it and experience it from others towards me so very often . . . a great reward for those who live in obedient generosity . . . trying to be better at it, as well!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  We can all give a generous gift that doesn't cost a thing: Our friendly smiles!  Smiles are infectious and usually very much appreciated. Give one to everyone you meet today! :-)  BTW, I LOVE the song you posted, "I can't sit still" .  It is good "rap" is you don'[t know the tune. Can't wait to use it with g.grandkids and church little ones! :-) New to me!====JACK:  There was a lady in our church who could have paid the complete bill for the new stained glass windows, but she made a "typical" contribution to the project, saying that she wanted the whole congregation to feel that they had a part in the project through their pledges and contributions.  People never realized her quiet, but substantial, support of the church.  I'm sure that the bell choir and the people who hear their music have no idea where those bells came from.  I like this poem:
THE POWER-HOUSE
Out for my evening stroll
I discovered on 84th Street
A power-house, quietly humming to itself,
And though I lived near-by
I had never known it was there.
(Christopher Morley)

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  It's funny how people don't mind the rich when the wealthy are given good press.  Optimism is also an action word which means get off your duff and start spreading it around!====JACK:  In the Bible, the widow with only two mites gave ALL that she had.

No comments: