Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 11/1/16
“Television is where you watch people in your living room that you would not want near your house.”  (Groucho Marx)  Groucho died almost 40 years ago, but this quote seems like it was made for today.  He was called, “The master of innuendo patter.”  Given the political climate of today, most people will be glad when Nov 9 comes…but like Yogi said, “It ain’t over til it’s over.”  BTW, who’s a TV personality that you might want in your living room?    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  Hardly ever missed a televised Billy Graham Crusade during the years . . . would welcome that again in our day and age!!====JACK:  I rather have George Beverly Shea come over and sing a few songs.

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  Andy Rooney, but unfortunately he's already gone.  Probably reminding God what's how messed up our world is.====JACK:  I liked Andy best as a curmudgeon.  Wry guy!

FROM CPA BOB:  There are many more, but Savanna Guthrie & Matt Lauer come to mind first, since I watch part of the Today show often.  I think Anderson Cooper would be great for dinner and an extended evening.  For comic relief, I’d like to spend time with Jimmy Fallon, since I often end the day with his monologue.====JACK:  I recently read Anderson's book, The Rainbow comes and goes."  Aint it the truth?

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  Kermit====JACK:  I thought that you might have chosen Dennis Weaver.

FROM INDY GENIE:  Rachel Maddow:)====JACK: Then, you probably would ask Donald Trump to make it a threesome.====GENIE:  Haha....sure! He's welcome in my living room (especially if Rachel is there too:) Wanna join us?====JACK:  She could hold her own.

FROM WATERFORD JAN:  Lester Holt====JACK:  We're fans of his, too.

FROM ARTISTIC C:  Charlie Rose. How about you?====JACK:  He's got the craggy look and a voice with a smile in it.  As for my choice....Barack and Michelle====C;  Yes, and I like Rachel Maddow as well!

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  Amen.====JACK:  I thought you might have chosen one of TV's financial commentators.  Which one?====JON:   Maybe Dave Ramsey.====JACK:  I've that he presents finance from a Christian perspective,

FROM RJP IN NAPLES:  Tom Sellak, Chris loves his work.  Whoops. Tom Sellak is second......David Ferherty the golf analyst is #1====JACK:  Magnum P.I. was one of the best.  We have a Ferrari in our city.  I sometimes go in there and dream.  Among the used cars, I've seen one that looks like the one Magnum drove.  I wonder what the parishioners would think if I scooted around in one of those?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Red Skelton.  He was my favorite because he was so nice in person as on t.v.  At least that's what I've been told.====JACK:  He believed that his role in life was to make people laugh.

No comments: