Thursday, June 16, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 6/16/16
“When you can see God in small things, you can see God in all things.”  (Donald Hicks)  Which is more fascinating to you, a telescope or a microscope?  The first shows us how small we are in relationship to outer space.  The latter shows us a world that, by its smallness, is hidden from us.  When early map-makers came to unexplored regions, some would write, “Here be God.”  When you meet those questionable questions in life, write: “Here be God!”    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  Reminds me of the Scripture I used yesterday with my Facebook devotion-- Then [Elijah of old] was told, “Go, stand on the mountain at attention before God. God will pass by” . . . A hurricane wind ripped through the mountains and shattered the rocks before God, but God wasn’t to be found in the wind; after the wind an earthquake, but God wasn’t in the earthquake; and after the earthquake fire, but God wasn’t in the fire; and after the fire A GENTLE AND QUIET WHISPER! (I Kings 19:11-12 The Message Bible). More fascinating at the present in my discoveries using His microscope, those smaller things of my life coming alive more so being a blessing to me and giving opportunity to bless others more readily.====JACK:  I see God in the "small" people of this world...so small that they are overlooked by the "big" people.  Jesus said, "Inasmuch as you have done it to the least of these, you have done it unto me."

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  Both telescope and microscope are fascinating, but I think the telescope puts in perspective for me how minute we are when it comes to overall creation.   Nice to know (and believe) that God still cares for us, as "insignificant" as we are in the scheme of things. God is omnipresent - small and large.====JACK:  We are in the middle, between the tele and the micro scopes, thinking that ours is the real world.  "He's got the whole world in his hands."

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  There's a third option here. I have a Reducing Glass That zooms OUT on images and shows considerably more image . More places for God to hide.====JACK:  I think that God loves to play Hide and Seek.  He makes it a lot of fun.

No comments: