Friday, April 29, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 4/29/16 (Arbor Day)
“May the Forest be with you!”  (Pinterest)  George Lucas said that he put The Force in Star Wars to awaken a kind of spirituality in young people who might not get it in other ways.  “May the Force be with you” is a variation of “May God be with you.”  On this Arbor Day we are reminded that the forest and each tree is the result of God’s force.  BTW, I read recently that it is possible for trees to walk…sometimes as far as 65’.  May God walk with you today!    ;-)  Jack

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  walking trees?====JACK:   A Ripley's Believe It Or Not describes some trees in a forest preserve in Ecuador that move across the forest as much as 65 feet as they grow. ====LIZ:  Yikes!

FROM TARMART REV:  I might suggest you not climb up in one of those trees at home and ride along . . . you may have some visitors in "white coats" stopping by at the request of some of your neighbors!!====JACK:  TV's Animal Planet has a show, Treehouse Masters, which features builders of elaborate treehouses for people who want to live in a tree.  One of the houses had running water and a living room with a 12' ceiling, and it cost $60,000.

FROM RI IN BOSTON:  A walk in the woods is a spiritual experience.  For me it brings tranquillity to think deeply, and if you stay for a while you'll find peace of mind.  The Japanese word "mori" translated into English is "forest".  Speaking of trees walking, I know a "forest" that walks tall. ====JACK:  I never asked, but I suppose that's the reason your son is named, Mori.  I like it better than Wald (German for forest).

FROM HONEST JOHN:  My dad just loved trees....interesting for a man who grew up in a sash and door shop and who worked as a lumberjack and in a sawmill as a young man.  (In the Army).     We had eleven acres and they were filled with trees.    We also had fruit trees.    So I grew up with a love of trees.    Still love them and try to take good care of them.    Harder to do as the years accumulate! ====JACK:  I wonder if a vegan's concern for not using animal products (meat, eggs, milk, etc) carries over to cutting down trees and using the wood for building materials?  Similarly, I wonder if trees have feelings?====JOHN:  Ultimately, the world seems to dictate that some parts of creation,it's due so that others can survive....kind of a tough reality.====JACK:  I guess the question remains...What do we need to survive.  It reminds me of that scene in the movie, The Jerk, where Steve Martin goes through all the things that he really needs.

FROM JFC IN GRM:  Haha I see what you did there!====JACK:  May the Force (God) be with you!

FROM TL IN MICHIGAN:  Jack, you are always so spot on.  Check out this forest-
http://www.capsulamundi.it/en/project/====JACK:  I hope that those who read the blog will take the time to access the "forest site" that you referred to.  It's the most interesting thing that I've heard of in a long, long time.  It certainly relates to today's Winning Words.

FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:  i think that i shall never see,  a poem as lovely as a tree....   who first said that?====JACK:  A boy named, Joyce?

FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  We have walking garlic in our Southfield community farm. The stems grow bulbs at the top and then when they grow heavy they fall to the ground sometimes a foot away and take root there. That's how they move across the field.. Walking trees seems very feasible too. Must check out the website. May the force be with you too.====JACK:  We marvel at the way human beings are created.  God created garlic, too.  Each of his creations has a reason behind it, although we may not yet know the...why?.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  Nice day for a stroll!====JACK: I'm reminded of this song:
My God and I go in the field together;
We walk and talk as good friends should and do;
We clasp our hands, our voices ring with laughter;
My God and I walk through the meadow's hue.
We clasp our hands, our voices ring with laughter;
My God and I walk through the meadow's hue.

My God and I will go for aye together,
We'll walk and talk just as good friends do;
This earth will pass, and with it common trifles,
But God and I will go unendingly.
This earth will pass, and with it common trifles,
But God and I will go unendingly.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Interesting facts!  I didn't know either item...George did raise awareness of the Force, which we like to think is God.  I know the oak trees in Florida don't grow up but they grow out...sometimes as much as 100 feet...but I didn't know trees had "feet"!====JACK:  In Genesis the question is asked..."Is anything too hard for God?"  A tree walking 65', or Sarah giving birth in her 90s?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have walking garlic in our Southfield community farm. The stems grow bulbs at the top and then when they grow heavy they fall to the ground sometimes a foot away and take root there. That's how they move across the field.. Walking trees seems very feasible too. Must check out the website. May the force be with you too.