Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 3/29/16
“We don’t want to spoil the ending for you, but everything is going to be OK.”  (Toby Mac)  I have a Prayer List of over 20 names, besides the ones I keep in my head.  Each name has a story, a concern.  I wish that I had a magic wand…but, in reality, I have something better--God’s promise: “Call on me in the day of trouble…I will be with you.”  I’ve found it to be a comfort to say my concerns and then to pray, “ Thy will be done on earth!”  Let go & Let God!    ;-)  Jack

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  How wonderful is that statement!!!====JACK:  I try to use Winning Words each day.  Evidently they were "winners" for you, today.

FROM TRIHARDER:  I had a friend who lived to worry, loved to worry. He would moan incessantly during the day; also a bit of a hypochondriac. Another friend, a bit of a sage, would console him, "Don't worry, Albert, nothing will be alright."====JACK:  I don't hear the expression, worry wart, used much anymore.====TH:  Weren't warts attributed to worrying at times?====JACK:  I think you're right.  One of our daughters had a wart once.  A man we knew took her hand and solemnly said, "Wart, wart, go away."  Within a couple of days it was gone.

FROM TARMART REV:  Enough said, and said well!!====JACK:  Some have called John 3:16, the Gospel in a nutshell....'nuff said.

FROM PRJAN:  Thank you for that reminder, Jack!  I, too, have a long prayer list, only some of which is written down.  I don't pray for myself very often except to ask that I be more kind and less "right" - a constant struggle.  Thank you for your Winning Words.  There are days when I know God means them especially for me.  :-)  (And, isn't that a conceited thought!)====JACK:  Why don't you sing this old spiritual...
Not my brother, nor my sister, but it’s me, O Lord, Standin’ in the need of prayer.
Not the preacher, nor the deacon, but it’s me, O Lord, Standin’ in the need of prayer;
Not my father, nor my mother, but it’s me, O Lord, Standin’ in the need of prayer;
Not the stranger, nor my neighbor, but it’s me, O Lord, Standin’ in the need of prayer;
It’s me, it’s me, O Lord, Standin’ in the need of prayer;
It’s me, it’s me, O Lord, Standin’ in the need of prayer.
(I've got room for another name on my list)

FROM JOANL:  JOHN, I READ YOUR MESSAGES  AND ENJOY THEM.====JACK:  I try to make relevant and enjoyable for a cross section of people.  I guess I've hit the mark with at least one.

FROM J&D T:  Thanks for the times you e-mailed us as being remembered in prayer: 6/10/2010, 2/12/2013 ad 2/20/2015.  Re: Orthodox Easter  Right next door to our Luther Manor Retirement Center, the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church was built, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright - a beautiful structure. The congregation and pastor form time to time invite us residents to an "Open House"  Good neighbors..====JACK:  It would be a better world if people concentrated more on the things that bring us together than on the things that separate us.









No comments: