Thursday, February 18, 2016

Jack’s Winning Words 2/18/16
“Me and you, we got more yesterday than anybody.  We need some kind of tomorrow.”  (Toni Morrison)  Most of us are at that point in life where there’s more sand in the bottom of life’s hour glass than there is in the top.  The sand that is left represents the tomorrows that we have.  The truth is that every choice we make today…what we eat, what we read, the friends we pick, etc…affects our future.  The tomorrow we will have depends on our today.    ;-)  Jack  

FROM TARMART REV:  Reminds of Pat Boone's "Love Letters In The Sand"-- "On a day like today We passed the time away Writing love letters in the sand."====JACK:  ...or..."Though our sins be as scarlet, or like crimson, or be written in sand, they shall be washed away."

FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  I really like the Toni Morrison quote. The hour glass analogy is a bit unsettling. It's just me. It does remind me of a Robert Schuller exhortation, a quote from the Bible. " This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." This day, one grain, and God holding me by my right hand......The WW and reading from Jesus Calling help me to reflect on biblical passages in a broader scope.====JACK:  If you want something unsettling (but true), envision the hourglass painted black.  Schuller would usually begin his sermons by enthusiastically saying, "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."  ...a great way to begin a sermon and an even greater way to begin each day.  The quote is from the Bible, Psalm 118:24.


1 comment:

SBP said...

I really like the Toni Morrison quote. The hour glass analogy is a bit unsettling. It's just me. I does remind me of a Robert Schuller exhortation, a quote from the Bible. " This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." This day, one grain, and God holding me by my right hand......The WW and reading from Jesus Calling help me to reflect on biblical passages in a broader scope.