Friday, September 04, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 9/4/15
“What are your priorities?  Mine are very simple: faith, family and football.”  (Philip Rivers)  No matter what our job, it’s important to keep our priorities straight.  Football player Rivers isn’t saying that his job is unimportant; it’s that faith and family are more important.  God asks Joshua (24:15), “Which gods will you serve?”  Joshua, like Phil, answers, “For me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”  Each day is a choice of priorities.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  Faith, Family and Friends like you, Jack!!====JACK:  I have a large circle of friends beyond those in the church.  In fact, when I recount them, I am truly amazed.  I can imagine that God has friends like that, too.  

FROM JE:  This is so right on .. I would say faith, family & friends!! Today we are driving to PA for our nephew's wedding -- family priority this weekend .. Tuesday -  Children and the first day of school will be the priority. Health needs to be a constant priority too.====JACK:  Sometimes we have to prioritize our priorities....sort of like a juggler.

FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  Thunk a bit here--my priorities seem to be to try not to be heretical and worship the golden calf or something--be true to who God created me to be and from that stance flows my priority of church, family and service--whether it be volunteer or paid. Hopefully, I'll be among the number who get to heaven--that's my number 1 priority. Interesting WW to reflect upon--thank you and best wishes for a pleasant weekend, including worship.====JACK:  As time goes by, I wonder who it is that really decides on heresy?  The answer proves more elusive as time goes by.  As far as heaven is concerned, if "good works" is the key, you've got it made.  HOWEVER, I think that, ultimately, we all need to rely on the grace of God.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  FAITH AND FAMILY CERTAINLY  RANK FIRST AND FOREMOST, AND FRIENDS ARE AWESOME, TOO.  EDUCATION IS A PRIORITY, AND, LIKE YOU REMIND YOUR KIDS AND G.KIDS, COMPASSION FOR THE POOR AND THOSE LESS FORTUNATE WHICH TAKES CONSIDERABLE TIME AND MONEY!  HAVING FUN ALSO RANKS HIGH ON MY LIST, AND MUSIC IS A MUST!  WHAT A BLESSING TO ENJOY SO MUCH!!====JACK:  Just for fun...Faith and Family are a given for most of us.  Instead of Football, see how many words, beginning with "F" can be substituted.  How about Flapjacks and Flying?  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thunk a bit here--my priorities seem to be to try not to be heretical and worship the golden calf or something--be true to who God created me to be and from that stance flows my priority of church, family and service--whether it be volunteer or paid. Hopefully, I'll be among the number who get to heaven--that's my number 1 priority. Interesting WW to reflect upon--thank you and best wishes for a pleasant weekend, including worship.
S.H. in MI