Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 9/22/15
“We get so worried about being pretty.  Let’s be pretty kind, pretty funny, pretty smart, pretty strong.”  (Britt Nicole)  The first Beauty Contest in America was after the Civil War, and now there’s a movement to ban such contests…especially of children.  People today seem to recognize that prettiness is more than physical beauty.  Reread today’s quote.  Isn’t it more important to emphasize qualities other than beauty?  Take a look in the mirror…!    ;-)  Jack

FROM QUILTING CAROL:  Amen to this quote!!!====JACK:  I thought that it was pretty good, myself.

FROM TARMART REV:  That's pretty smart of you to post this, Jack!!====JACK:  Do you remember the phrase...smarty pants?

FROM RJP IN NAPLES:  Thanks for reminding me....I looked in the mirror and as the song from The King and I says, " I was pretty and witty and wise and a pretty wonderful guy" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AH HA====JACK:  You've got to stop using those carnival mirrors.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  Being pretty isn't all it is cracked up to be. I've lived with it all my life.====JACK:  That's pretty funny.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Kindness, compassion, loving,  gentleness, loyalty, and many, many more traits are more important than "prettiness"!====JACK:  Your pretty sharp!
 

No comments: