Thursday, June 11, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 6/11/15
“Ambition is the path to success.  Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.”  (Bill Bradley)  It’s been called “The second greatest moment in TV history,” when Mary Tyler Moore tosses her hat in the air as these words are sung…”You’re gonna make it after all.”  Mary epitomized the ambitious 20-something on the road to success. Ambitions are important, and so is persistence.  They continue to be part of a successful life, no matter what our age.    ;-)  Jack 


FROM IKE AT THE MIC:  I think to be accurate the quotation should read:  Ambition is the path to success. KNOWLEDGE is the fuel that gets you there.  Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
It has been wisely said, "The next worst thing to not knowing is not knowing that you don't know".
Just thinkin...====JACK:  Yes, to be ignorant of your ignorance is often a problem.  But, it is a glorious feeling when someone (or something) leads to an AHA moment...Now, I see!  "None are so blind as those who choose not to see."====IKE:  On that theme it has been said:  "The next worst thing to a blind believer is a seeing denier."====JACK:  That's a good one.  I think I'll save it for use as a Winning Words.


FROM TARMART REV:  . . . persistence . . . walking that second and third mile . . . not giving up . . . keep banking on it . . . most generally all pay a richer dividend at that last mile of the way!! ====JACK:  At least, that's what the optimist would say.  The pessimist, on the other hand....  ====REV:  Those "one liners or phrases" pop up ever-so-quickly . . . I must have a head full of them . . .====JACK:  Is that what is meant by a "head full of steam?"
FROM BB IN ILLINOIS:  I never understood that hat throw.  Thanks for filling me in; the Bradley quote is great.  I just listened to a clip about his last book.  Maybe will read that one; very hopeful. ====JACK:  I was going to use B.B. in my comment section, because I respect him so much, but I decided to go.  But, I also respect M.T.M. for maintaining ambition and perseverance, in spite of life-difficulties along the way.  She's got spunk!
FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Talking about "Success" reminded me of a good poem my friend Bill Killen wrote in 2008 before he died.:
Some people will judge you by the car that you drive, The bigger, the better no doubt,
But let me tell you, my friend, when it comes  to the end,
That's not what Life's all about!
Others will judge you by the house that you have; The big one that really stands  out,
But  let me tell you my friend, when it comes to the end,
That's not what Life's all about!
Some will judge you by the job that you have, Especially if  you have lots of Clout,
But let me tell you my friend, when it comes to the end,
That's not what Life's all about!
Then some will judge you by the money you make, it seems  you never go "without"...
But let me tell you my friend when it comes to the end,
That's not what Life's all about!
So now, my friend, we have come to the end, And all the chips are out on the board,
Did you put your faith in material things, Or  did you place your Faith in the Lord?
Yes, now  my friend, we are here at the end, to find what really does count;
I hope you put your faith  in the Lord: Living for Jesus is what Life's all about!
He was a dear, sweet man who walked his talk, and was successful in every way that counted. He was also an artist, but his "Day Job" was Engineer.  I, too , loved MTM, and she has had some real trials in her life!!====JACK:  Good poem.  Thanks.  MTM, like most of us, had her ups and downs.  She was a favorite.
FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  An addendum from my cryptogram book: “It took me a long time to figure out that real big-time success come from taking lots of small, ordinary steps in the right directiion. And you can’t ever take the next step until you take the first.” Deacon Jones.====JACK:  Is that Deacon Jones, the football player?  Regardless, I'll be using the quote sometime in the future.


FROM ST PAUL IN ST PAUL:   there is a bronze statue downtown on a sidewalk somewhere of Mary tossing her hat skyward.====JACK:  The statue in front of the Nicollet Mall in Minneapolis.  It should show the woman, with a puzzled expression, looking at Mary.  She's a real Minnesotan, Hazel Fredericks, who happened to be shopping that day when the picture was shot.  She has become so popular that Mary has introduced her as her co-star.




.

No comments: