Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 5/20/15 
“Life moves pretty fast.  If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”  (From Ferris Bueller’s Day Off)  It’s been almost 30 years since Ferris took his day off by skipping school to check out his city.  Do you remember the movie or any of the lines?  One of the lines is today’s WWs.  In this fast-paced world we need to be careful not to miss some of the important things before we say, “Why didn’t I?”  Maybe it’s time to take a day off.    ;-)  Jack

FROM HONEST JOHN:  My daughter was a "dreamer".    Teachers didn't always like that.   Maybe she caught some things while she was dreaming....graduated summa cum lauded from U of Mich.... ====JACK:  I'll bet she never skipped school just to goof around in Ann Arbor.  The SCL honor is one to be proud of.

FROM TARMART REV:  Nowadays with my less administrative and more relational lifestyle around the church, I'm not sure if I'm enjoying a day off or working . . . enjoyable and relaxing, to say the least, but  very full as well.====JACK:  When you enjoy what you do, work is not work.

FROM ST. PAUL IN ST. PAUL:  hey, I am retired!====JACK: Ordination is for a lifetime (usually).

FROM DC IN KANSAS:  Why didn't I ask my Dad . . . . ?  Mother . . . . ?====JACK:  I wonder if the disciples ever regretted not asking for more teaching while Jesus was with them?  We often rue lost opportunities, but I think it's more productive to remember and give thanks for that which we have received...from parents and others.  When I was in a regretful mood, I was told by my mother, "That's water over the dam."====DC:  Good comment.  Thanks!

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  Every day is a day off for me.====JACK:  I don't think you let the grass grow under your feet.  It's just that you can now choose where and when you want to walk.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  My kids love this movie.  They quote from it too and this is one of their favorite quotes.  I agree with Ferris...life moves way too fast.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  My kids love this movie.  They quote from it too and this is one of their favorite quotes.  I agree with Ferris...life moves way too fast.====JACK:  One of the indicators of a good movie is when you can quote lines from it.  Some kids, when they grow older, can quote lines of advice that were received from their parents years earlier.

FROM ED AT PSU:  Ben Stein: Bueller?........ Bueller?........ Bueller?====JACK:  You're right!  A funny segment from the movie.  Did you ever do a Bueller in high school?

No comments: