Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 3/3/15
“Someday a bird will poop on you.”  (Sue Salvi & Megan Kellie)  I’ll never forget…I was on my way to Sunday School when a bird pooped on me.  I ran back home, with my sister laughing after me.  Has something like that ever happened to you?  Of course!  Bad things happen.  That’s life.  So, control what you can control.  Make the best of what you can’t.  God has a way of turning bad into good.  “Look for the silver lining!”…and look out for birds.    ;-)  Jack

 FROM IKE AT THE MIC:  Do you think when the bird pooped on you that was God's signal to you that your thoughts were inappropriate for Sunday school attendance?  Just "thinkin.."====JACK:  If God had wanted to reprimand me, I think that it would be with something more significant than bird poop.

FROM TARMART REV:  The only thing I've experienced worse was a time of a personal attack of pooping on myself when not making the restroom facility soon enough. Did what was instructed below...I made the best of what I couldn't control. 0;-/====JACK:  That's worse; in fact, I think it's the worstest!

FROM TRIHARDER:  Twice in one day. Memorable for other reasons.====JACK:  Sometimes there are messages in happenings.  Evidently you didn't get it the first time.

FROM JT IN MICHIGAN:  I laughed and laughed!  Probably ninety years ago my mother's younger sister "borrowed" without permission, her best hat, for some date.  It must have been the grandfather of your bird that was drawn to my aunt's head.  I think my mom was still irritated thirty years later!!!  Thanks for sharing!====JACK:  My step-father was a card player.  Whenever he was dealt a bad hand he would always say, "Poop on you, Josephine."  It has become a family expression when something doesn't go right.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  Aren't you glad elephants can't fly?====JACK:  I think there's poem about that.

FROM RS IN TEXAS:  No wonder "The Birds" was such a scary movie!   Forget the poop - they were aggressive!====JACK:  Do you remember the song, "Birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it..."?

FROM RI IN BOSTON:  Yes, bad things do happen.  We have to be grateful for good things.  As you said, "Look for the silver lining!"  I'm reminded of the poem
As I was looking in the sky  I saw a little bird fly by.
Then something fell into my eye...  Gee I'm glad that cows don't fly.
====JACK:  That reminds me of another childhood experience...visiting a Wisconsin farm for the first time.  They wanted to give me the experience of milking a cow.  As I sat there on the stool, the cow pooped, and some of it flew into my eye.  There was some screaming, and I was taken into the house to have my face washed.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  Ah yes!  Right on the top of  my head, in my hair!! UGH!  and Bill was unloaded on during a committal service in the cemetery...new suit! My devotions today told of Clara Barton, who deliberately chose not to harbor resentments. When her friend asked, "You don't remember how he treated you?!" She replied, "No, I distinctly remember forgetting that!"  A good motto to live by: Distinctly remembering to forget our hurts and slights!====JACK:  But, there are some incidents that seem to be tattooed on the brain.

 FROM DRX:  ...A great story, Jack...Keep up the inspired work of your words...====JACK:  I have a collection of Winning Words, far greater than I'll ever be able to use.  The problem is in the choosing of which of them to use on a particular day.

FROM MK IN MICHIGAN:  The boys still remember when I bird pooped on me at the park(right on top of my head). They were all real little. They smile every time they think of it. Guess that's my sliver lining there!====JACK:  You can add my smile, too.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Too funny!  Some of the simplest happenings leave wonderful (?) memories.  We had a snooty little girl living on our street.  Her mom asked my mom if I would please walk her to school each day.  I certainly did not want to be stuck with her everyday but of course I had to obey my mom.  The first day we started off to school, with her in her new clothes and her nose stuck up in the air, when a very large bird bomb hit directly on the top of her head.  She started crying and I took her home.  I never had to walk her to school again because her mom drove her each day.  (She ended up to be a very sweet girl when she got a little older)====JACK:  Have you ever seen a birdhouse with an outhouse?


No comments: