Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 3/25/15
“People want to know how much you care before they care how much you know.”  (James F. Hind)  Some prominent people with high IQs are Geena Davis (140), Steve Martin (142) and Lisa Simpson (156).  Well-known generous people are, of course, Bill and Melinda Gates…and also Ndamukong Suh (surprised?).  You probably know people who aren’t listed as celebrities… who care and give, because that’s their nature.  They make our world a better place.    ;-)  Jack

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  I read a great article a few months ago about Ndamukong Suh seeking business advice from Warren Buffett.  http://www.wsj.com/articles/ndamukong-suh-and-warren-buffett-the-bruiser-and-the-billionaire-1416948195  A terror on the field but all around great guy off field.====JACK:  I read recently that no Nebraska football player has given more money back to the university than has Suh.  He was also into charitable work while he played for the Lions in Detroit.

FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  Well, those behind the wide range of solicitations I receive on a daily basis obviously don't care about what I know, my IQ, (I have to be able to read and interpret pictures.) but they want me to care enough to contribute. Much time, effort, skill at implanting a "care" (guilt feeling) is invested to achieve that. And sometimes it works. Thereby making the world a better place!?====JACK:  I try not to give out of guilt, but rather to use a reasoning process.  Some of the requests are from organizations that I personally know about; others represent causes that directly affect friends of ours.  The recycling bin gets quite a few.====SBP:  The Oak Foundation, an international philanthropic organization, whose goals are to make the world a place. They support many fields including the field of learning differences. My daughter, Stacy is the programme director for this arena. Millions of dollars are being granted to those educational facilities that care greatly about children whose learning profile is not "aligned with the expectations and teaching methodologies in mainstream school systems." Millions of dollars are being granted to those who demonstrate that they "care" and are working toward making the world a better place....starting at the very beginning of a child's experience in the learning process.====JACK:  The Oak Foundation seems worth a Google.  I'm always interested in people who are trying to make the world a better place.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  I admire him.====JACK:  Like most of us...He's a mixed bag.

FROM JB IN MICHIGAN:  Ndamukong Suh (surprised?).  yes, very surprised. I am glad to hear something good about him. I did not like him based on his behavior on the field and his goal to be a billionaire.====JACK:  One of the penalties of being famous is that many eyes are fixed on you and what you do, or don't do.  I wonder how you or I would act in the same situation?

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  FOR EVERY GIFT GIVEN, THERE IS A GIFT RECEIVED. THE GIVER IS TWICE BLESSED.====JACK:  That sounds like something a saint would say.  Congratulations!

2 comments:

SBP said...

Well, those behind the wide range of solicitations I receive on a daily basis obviously don't care about what I know, my IQ, (I have to be able to read and interpret pictures.) but they want me to care enough to contribute. Much time, effort, skill at implanting a "care" (guilt feeling) is invested to achieve that. And sometimes it works. Thereby making the world a better place!?

SBP said...

The Oak Foundation, an international philanthropic organization, whose goals are to make the world a place. They support many fields including the field of learning differences. My daughter, Stacy is the programme director for this arena. Millions of dollars are being granted to those educational facilities that care greatly about children whose learning profile is not "aligned with the expectations and teaching methodologies in mainstream school systems." Millions of dollars are being granted to those who demonstrate that they "care" and are working toward making the world a better place....starting at the very beginning of a child's experience in the learning process.