Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 2/10/15
“Choice, Chance, Change.  You must make the choice, to take the chance, if you want anything to change.”  (Unknown)  Alliteration is a literary device that captures our attention, that makes reading fun.  Have you read, “Some Smug Slug?”  Or shopped at Bed, Bath & Beyond?  Read again today’s quote.  It makes sense.  We have to choose to takes chances if anything’s going to change in our life.  Are changes needed?  It begins with choice.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  How about, "Choice, Chance and Change develops Champions!" ?!?! ====JACK:  That sounds like a winner!

FROM MICHIZONA RAY:  None of us can avoid "choice"; it is a consequence of Freedom. It is a better function to stay aware of what we actually do choose. Similarly, "time", or temporality applies to all things in the realm of the world. Hence, change, like choice, is inevitable. Even that in which I maintain a level of some consistency, I experience much refinement due to change and choice. Isn't our sojourn in Life all about these functions of choice and change?====JACK:  Familiar sayings make the point..."Not to decide is to decide!"..."Time and tide wait for no one!"... "My times are in Thy hand;  My God, I wish them there;  My life, my friends, my soul, I leave  Entirely to Thy care."

FROM PC IN MICHIGAN:  Once again you have come through for me Jack. Or shall I say I recognize God speaking through you. I had a 2nd interview today for a part-time job and was very nervous; I'm "older" after all and interviews don't come by easily. But I was hired and begin tomorrow...a true blessing. And I just kept reading these words today over and over.====JACK:  Sometimes people expect God's voice to come booming from the sky.  But God surprises, often speaking in unexpected ways.  That's the way it was with the coming of Jesus, too.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  Change is hard for me but sometimes it's a necessity.  I love to change things that I want to change but not so good at things I don't want to.  I'm grateful for the freedom to have the choice.====JACK:  Everett Dirksen (from Illinois) was criticized by his fellow GOP senators for changing his vote on a certain issue.  He responded, "The only people who don't change their mind are either in the cemetery of in an insane asylum."  Certain views, opinions of people, life issues...they're all subject to change, depending on circumstances and information.  You're right!  Change is often difficult.  As the song goes...."A mule is an animal with long funny ears   Kicks up at anything he hears   His back is brawny but his brain is weak   He's just plain stupid with a stubborn streak   And by the way, if you hate to go to school   You may grow up to be a mule."  Did you ever sing that song...Swinging on a Star?====JUDY:  Jiminey cricket was my all time favorite Disney character!  I loved that song and also "when you wish upon a star."  I learned how to spell Encyclopedia before I could write my name!   I can sing the whole song and did when I read your reply.  Thanks for the memories.  Ps. My grandma used to say it was okay to change your mind because it kept it clean!===JACK:  Your grandma was a wise woman.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  ON YOUR BLOG YOU QUOTED A VERSE FROM SWINGING ON A STAR AND THAT SURE BROT BACK MEMORIES OF SISTER JAN AND HER FOUR GIRLS WHO DID THAT MANY TIMES FOR  MOTHER DAUGHTER BANQUETS, ETC. AND EACH GIRL TOOK A VERSE (ANIMAL). TO THIS DAY THEY CAN SING IT WORD FOR WORD WHEN THEY'RE ALL TOGETHER. LOVE THAT SONG! I THINK I READ THAT THERE HAD BEEN MORE INVENTIONS AND CHANGES IN THE PAST 100 YEARS, THAN IN ALL THE YEARS COMBINED PREVIOUSLY.  IF YOU CAN'T STAND CHANGE, THIS ERA IS NOT FOR YOU! AMAZING HOW WE'VE PROGRESSED IN MOST WAYS IN OUR LIFE TIMES!!====JACK:  It might be interesting to forward your response to your nieces.  I'm sure it might bring back a pleasant memory to them.  God had a great idea when he invented memory.

1 comment:

Ray Gage said...

None of us can avoid "choice"; it is a consequence of Freedom. It is a better function to stay aware of what we actually do choose. Similarly, "time", or temporality applies to all things in the realm of the world. Hence, change, like choice, is inevitable. Even that in which I maintain a level of some consistency, I experience much refinement due to change and choice. Isn't our sojourn in Life all about these functions of choice and change?