Friday, January 02, 2015

Jack’s Winning Words 1/2/15
“And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been.”  (Rainer Maria Rilke)  I was reading some predictions for 2015.  The flower emoji thing will be big.  There’ll be more shivery weather.  We’ll see.  Last year, who could have known gas prices would plunge and the stock market would set a record?  I like the song, “Que sera, sera.”  Whatever will be, will be.  I believe that, good or bad, we have a gracious God who watches over us.    ;-)  Jack

FROM TARMART REV:  "I believe that, good or bad, we have a gracious God who watches over us."  My winning quote for my day!!====JACK:  Sometimes, when tragedies happen, people will ask, "Where was God?"  I'm sure that you've called upon to answer that question in your ministry.

FROM TRIHARDER:  things that have never been -- every day. New Year is just a mark in time established by some emperor a long time ago.====JACK:  That's true, but try planning a New Year's Eve party for March 31.====TH:  March 31 might be safer, just as much fun.  No friends with conflicts.  I was thinking  about those marks in time.  Year and months, midnight, noon are easy.  Position of sun and moon; noon, midnight ...  But, 7 days in a week, 24 hours, 60 minutes, 60 seconds ... great thinkers.  It doesn't comply with any of the other systems of measurement.  All those centuries. Is there a better way of measuring the time of day correlating with a decimal system? ====JACK:  Has anyone ever figured out a calendar, using the metric system? 

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  And that everything happens for a reason.  What is a flower emoji?====JACK:  Emoji is the Japanese word for picture.  Just as people put smiley faces around, flower emoji movement is to attach little flower pictures to items.

FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  It is what it is! What will be, will be. Not fatalistic thinking , for me, but the realization that God knows and He’s given a challenge/opportunity to reflect and adjust.  “we have a gracious God who watches over us.”====JACK:  Do you know this song?
Through dangers seen and unseen,
there's protection all around.
Under the refuge of God's wings,
security is found.
For there are angels
watching you to keep you in all of your ways,
keeping you from stumbling,
so don't be afraid.
God's appointed angels watching over me,
angels watching over me.
Angels watching over me,
angels watching over me.
Unseen hands, guiding me,
through my storm and through my rain.
Healing hands, holding me,
through the darkness of my pain.
Wings of love encamped around me,
so I will not fear,
for I can feel their presence hovering near.
Nothing but...
Angels watching over me
Angels watching over me
Angels watching over me
Angels watching over me
All night, all day,
angels watching over me my Lord.
All night, all day,
angels watching over me.
All night, all day,
angels watching over me my Lord.
All night, all day.
Angels watching over me,
angels watching over me.
Angels watching over me,
Angels watching over me.
Angels watching over me,
Angels watching over me.
Angels watching over me,
Angels watching over me.
Angels watching over me,
Angels watching over me.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  "ALL NIGHT, ALL DAY, ANGELS WATCHING OVER ME MY LORD" ETC. ANOTHER SONG ON THAT THEME. THERE IS SOMETHING REFRESHING ABOUT STARTING A NEW YEAR, AS MR. RILKE SAYS, A NEW YEAR FULL OF THINGS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN....AND A GOD WHO KNOWS THE NUMBER OF  HAIRS ON OUR HEADS!!====JACK:  Isn't it fun to remember songs that we learned when we were kids?

No comments: