Friday, November 14, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 11/14/14
“God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.”  (Regina Brett)  Friend Bill gave me Brett’s book, “God Never Blinks,” thinking that I’d enjoy it.  I found today’s quote in Chapter 34.  We get so caught up with the idea of St. Peter opening the gate of heaven, based on a print-out of whether we’ve done more good than bad things is life, that we miss the unbelievable concept of grace.  God just loves us (Period!)    ;-)  Jack 

FROM HAWKEYE GEORGE:  You're right as rain on this. Have a great day in MI!====JACK:  You caused me to look up the expression, "right as rain."  It seems to have originated in the late 19th century.  Rain is "right," because in most cases it is welcomed and necessary for life.  The saying is similar to ones used previously.  "Right as...a line...a magnet...a gun...my leg...a trivet...ninepence...nails...a bank." 

FROM PAUL IN ST. PAUL:  echos of Martin Luther...====JACK:  "Sola fide.  Sola gratia!" ====PAUL:  and Soli Deo Gloria...====JACK:  Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum.

FROM MICHIZONA RAY:  Amen!====JACK:  I guess that you agree.

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  Well spoken! Sometimes we tend to complicate things. ====JACK:  K.I.S.S. works for me.

FROM CK IN MICHIGAN:  Thank goodness for that!====JACK:  "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life."

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  His grace is amazing!====JACK:  That reminds me of a song.

FROM JB IN MICHIGAN:  You start each of my days with such thought provoking words and I thank you for that.====JACK:  Thanks for checking in.  I always wonder how Winning Words will relate to the people who receive them.  Even though there are 500 on the list, I have to remind myself that each of that number is an individual person...just like you.

FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  A background of a variety of "teachings" includes the dire consequences of disobedience/sin. The knowledge that "God just loves us!" is sustaining and spiritually comforting. Not without responsibility, of course, but enfolds me in a mantle of security while treading the bumpy road of life. Thank you.
 
  


 

2 comments:

Ray Gage said...

Amen!

SBP said...

A background of a variety of "teachings" includes the dire consequences of disobedience/sin. The knowledge that "God just loves us!" is sustaining and spiritually comforting. Not without responsibility, of course, but enfolds me in a mantle of security while treading the bumpy road of life. Thank you.