Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 11/12/14
“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”  (Robert Frost) A friend (Norm’s Milford Blog) recently called attention to the “power” of three-word sentences …“Change is good…I was wrong…Never look back…I love you.”  Can you think of others?  I like Frost’s, “Life goes on.”  No matter what has happened, we usually go to bed and wake up the next day.  How about praying to God in the morning… “Make my day!”    ;-)  Jack

FROM MICHIZONA RAY:  That's a good one! How about, "Jesus loves me"; or "Christ in me."; or "Trust in Me."; "Love one another."; or "Thank you God."; ...a useful exercise to find three words that summarize the whole of Life. And there are many more....====JACK:  I like Michigan's slogan...Great Lakes State.  Connecticut's is good, too...Full of Surprises.  Finding 3-word sentences is fun.

FROM LOUGEE:  You "Make My Day" every morning; Thank you!====JACK:  It's interesting--how Harry Callahan's "negative" quote in the movie, Sudden Impact, can be turned into a "positive."  Maybe we need to do more of that with the negativity around us. 

FROM DOCTOR ERIC:  Just do it!====JACK:  You and NIKE are on the same wavelength.

ROM TARMART REV:  "It's still ticking!!" (John Cameron Swayze)====JACK:  If you ever need a pacemaker, be sure it's a TIMEX!

FROM CK IN MICHIGAN:  Never say never.====JACK:  Yogi uses six words...It ain't over 'til it's over.

FROM PAUL IN ST. PAUL:  M. Luther's three words would have been grace, faith, word.====JACK:  Another famous Luther quote...Here I stand!====PAUL:  how about: keep on breathing.   or: just calm down.  or: no thank you.  or: take a hike.  or: do your best.====JACK:  You're on a roll.  Maybe next Sunday's sermon title can be a 3-worder.

FROM A CHALDEAN:  Thank you Jack.====JACK:  Oh, now I get it!  3 words.

FROM DAIRYLAND DONNA:  Can't help myself.  "Just do it!"  Have a nice day. (That would be 4 words)====JACK:  How about...Brats and Beer!

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  "You're my hero!(heroine) ; "You're an Angel!" Always have Hope; Believe in yourself; Always be kind; Christ is (the) Answer...we could go on for hours, couldn't we? I like the WW today, no matter what, Life Goes On; (And if it doesn't, your worries become moot...!) ====JACK:  Anyone who's ever attended Moline High School knows (and can sing)..."We are Moliners!"

FROM BS IN ENGLAND:  Can I help?====JACK:  I didn't know that "chew the fat" was a phrase that originated in England.

FROM FACEBOOK LIZ:  till it doesn't... life, that is.

FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  So many! "Go for it!" "I like that!" "You/We did it!" "How are you?" And the one I find myself using with great regularity, "Thank you, Lord!" A fellow Moliner always encourages us/me to "Enjoy each day!" Another mind churner!====JACK:  Act old later!

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  How about "Thank you God" and "You're the Best" and our families' favorite:  "Sunday's coming"  well, okay, that's not truly three words, but it's close!====JACK:  Sunday is coming...3 words.

FROM IKE AT THE MIC:  In my opinion, God can't make your day.  As I understand religion:
God helps those that need help, but YOU need to make your own day by doing your best with the talent that you were given.====JACK:  In my opinion, God is omnipotent!

2 comments:

Ray Gage said...

That's a good one! How about, "Jesus loves me"; or "Christ in me."; or "Trust in Me."; "Love one another."; or "Thank you God."; ...a useful exercise to find three words that summarize the whole of Life. And there are many more....

SBP said...

So many! "Go for it!" "I like that!" "You/We did it!" "How are you?" And the one I find myself using with great regularity, "Thank you, Lord!" A fellow Moliner always encourages us/me to "Enjoy each day!" Another mind churner!