Monday, November 10, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 11/10/14
“Your day will go the way the corners of your mouth turn.”  (Unknown)  Some of you put a smiley face  at the end of your e-mails, and some, depending on the message will put this one .  Both symbols were used after last week’s elections.  The time has now come to move on.  It’s that way with life, too.  I like the song, “Smile,” which ends with the line, “You’ll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile.”  …It isn’t any trouble just to S-M-I-L-E.    ;-)  Jack

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  :)... so put on a happy face...:)  btw...fact, it takes fewer muscles to smile than it does to frown.====JACK:  Your song for the day...Put on a happy face.

FROM QUILTING CAROL IN WISCONSIN:  I’m going to share this message with friends and family today!  Have several friends – like me – recovering from a variety of surgeries.  Some will have very long recovery times.  Some friends have lost their spouses recently too and may find it hard to smile every day, but faith and good memories will get them through.  I’m a firm believer that a good joke every day keeps us positive and smiling especially during our long winters.  We might need to hear a lot of good jokes today as the snow storm is upon us and we are in the path of the 12-15” snowfall!  Like the song too – “If you’re happy and you know it”.  How can you not smile through that?  Stay warm and have a smiling day!  :D====JACK:  In one of his movies, Charlie Chaplin walks down the road with this song playing...
Smile, though your heart is aching  Smile, even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky  you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow  Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through  for you
Light up your face with gladness  Hide every trace of sadness Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying  Smile what's the use of crying
You'll find that life is still worthwhile  If you'll just  Smile

FROM TARMART REV: 
"Smile awhile and give your face a rest' 
raise your hand to the one you love the best,
then shake hands with the one nearby,
and greet them with a smileeeeeeee!"
====JACK:  That's a "smile" song that I haven't heard of.  Sing a few lines....====REV:  How about, "Let it snow! Let it snow!" 12-15 inches.====JACK:  Is that a preciction or a reality?  Keep it up north where it belongs.  
FROM LP IN PLYMOUTH:  Well, I've got two lovely kids. My husband got a promotion at work.  I'm me. I've started getting my life under control and am going to yoga class again. I will work on my smile and see how the day goes. How about you?====jack:  I'm SMILING ;-)

FROM DAIRYLAND DONNA:  Thanks for making me smile.====JACK:  I'll bet you were really smiling last night when the Packers were ahead of the Bears, 42-0 at the half.

FROM BB IN ILLINOIS:  My father sang the “Smile” song frequently and I believe went through life with that philosophy.  Thanks for warming my heart and reminding me of him this morning.
Agree about the elections in that the parties remain polarized and I think within the parties there is still a lack of cohesiveness.  How different from earlier days when the “party line” meant something everyone could understand.  I listened to a lecture/conversation with Bruce Mau (Massive Change) where he talked about that 10 year old project as well as building the Museum of Biodiversity in Panama, his BlackBox storage and other creative endeavors.  Why people like Bruce aren’t running the country (he’s Canadian) stupefies me.  We need visionary leaders who look into the next century, not scrappers who can’t see beyond the next 2 or 4 year term!====JACK:  There are so many SMILE songs.  I smile as I remember some of them.  It makes me grimace when I think how worked up people get about election results....and foot ball scores.  Life goes on.  I'll bet there weren't many smiles on the faces of Bears fans at halftime last night...if they were still watching the game.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:   That is more truth than fiction;, for sure! It even makes a difference if you smile answering the phone...much brighter, more pleasant tone. (Even tho I'm not a person who spends a lot of time on the phone, if I can help it...)  I wasn't smiling watching the Bears meltdown in yesterday's rout!!  Your team managed to pull out a victory, so knew you were smiling, big time!  Will have to keep this adage in mind as I prepare for the BIG Thanksgiving Celebration at my house, coming up!!====JACK:  The Lions are football's version of the Cubs, except that it's only been 56 years for the Lions, compared to almost twice that for the Cubs.

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  My face smiles just reading this message!  The sun is out, the sky is blue and on top of everything, I woke up too!  Thanks be to God!====JACK:  What do you think about pictures of a laughing Jesus?

FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  Well, on my 7th or 8th birthday in Upper Michigan, they sang the song . to me. "There are smiles that make you happy. There are smiles that make you blue. There are smiles that makes the sunshine the sunshine take away the dew. .......But the smiles that make the sunshine are the smiles that you give to me." I've remembered that song. Smiles are important and heartening to the the giver and the receiver. And . besides, it takes fewer muscles.====JACK:  Amazing...that you can remember that far back in time!  Hey...I can, too.

FROM FM IN WISCONSIN:  I really like this one Jack – maybe it because the Bucks, the Badgers and the PACKERS won this weekend!   I’m not reflecting on last Tuesday.====JACK====Tempus Fugit!  In two years, it will be another season and another election and we'' have a hard time remembering (or caring about) what happened in '14.

FROM TAMPA SHIRL:  You win some.  Some lose some.  That is the American way when assessing elections.====JACK:  Can you remember a time when you were really energized about an election?  Was it when you were working for Senator Paul Douglas?



1 comment:

SBP said...

Well, on my 7th or 8th birthday in Upper Michigan, they sang the song . to me. "There are smiles that make you happy. There are smiles that make you blue. There are smiles that makes the sunshine the sunshine take away the dew. .......But the smiles that make the sunshine are the smiles that
you give to me." I've remembered that song. Smiles are important and heartening to the the giver and the receiver. And . besides, it takes fewer muscles.