Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 11/4/14
“There are seven days in a week, and Someday isn’t one of them.”  (Rita Chand)  As humans we have the ability to choose…what to wear…what to eat…how to spend life and with whom.  Each morning begins with choice.  The temptation is to put off doing the hard thing, the one that needs doing.  “Someday I’ll get around to it!”   I once carried a round coin in my pocket, with one word etched on it…TUIT.  It was a reminder to do what needs doing…today.    ;-)  Jack

FROM MW IN ILLINOIS:  One of  Dick's toys that he made, was a round piece of wood the size of a  quarter, on it he printed the word tuit. he would give them to people & of course they had to ask what it was & when he would tell them, everyone had a good laugh over it. They would also ask him to make them some to give away, which he did.====JACK:  Homemade is best...whether it's toys or cooking.  Did you still have one of the TUITs?

FROM TARMART REV:  Gave several away years ago to my youth group, emphasizing the same . . . had forgotten until you brought it back to my memory this morning.====JACK:  Maybe you could get a new supply...and have printed on the reverse side..."Choose, this day, whom you will serve."  Joshua 24:15.  Then hand them out to people you talk to at Target and Walmart.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  YES, I TOO HAD A "ROUND TUIT"....GOOD  REMINDER TODAY! ====JACK:  Are you getting a round tuit, as far as getting your place ready for the move?

FROM OUTHOUSE JUDY:  That's a good one, and so true.  Our somedays are here.  We need to make the most of every someday we have!====JACK:  Whether it be today, or Someday, the Bible says, "This is the day the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it."====JUDY:  My youngest grandson, Noah and I have a saying together..."It's not Sunday, but Sunday's coming."  Some preacher uses it all the time but I don't remember who it is.  Anyway, Someday or Sunday...the Lord God made them all.

1 comment:

Ray Gage said...

I want to get around to answering your question from yesterday...when we are in Michigan, we like to eat the fresh fish as much as we can. I love coney dogs too; the version in AZ is more like a spicy chili dog (beans and all with a wrap of bacon around the hot dog -- it is called a Sonoran Dog). It's good; but not a coney! So when we get back to Michigan, I track down Coney Island restaurants. Down here, the Mexican food dominates. Every different Mexican restaurant seems to have its own unique salsa recipe. All the varieties are fun to try. I like 'em all!