Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 10/21/14
“Every great dream begins with a dreamer.”  (Harriet Tubman)  One of my favorite Stephen Foster songs is Beautiful Dreamer, composed a few days before his death.  I love to dream, night or day.  I’ve read that, at one time, GM hired someone to do nothing but “dream,” to imagine things that would improve the company and their product.  Every business, even the Church, could benefit by having dreamers.  What dream do you have?    ;-)  Jack

FROM JE IN MICHIGAN:  I dream that I’ve completed this master’s degree I’m working on.   I dream that someday I will write some articles of substance for the New York Times.  I dream that someday we will pass another Bond so we can build a gorgeous state-of-the-art elementary school at the site of Dublin Elementary.  I hope, dream and pray I am making a difference for others.  Have a great fall day Jack!!!====JACK:  How about the great novel that you have in your head?

FROM DFL IN OREGON:  Hey, Jack - "Keep on dreaming” is a motto I join you in affirming! And please continue your creative ministry to all of us!!  Thanks!!====JACK:  I don't know if it counts as dreaming...but I have a sign by my computer which reads: "What if....?"

FROM CHESTER THE GOOD:  Dreaming is closely associated with creativity. Guess that's why most of the good ad folks I know are dreamers. ====JACK:  I wonder who dreamed up the ad..."See the USA in your Chev-ro-let?"  That was a good one...or was it because of Dinah Shore?

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  MAKES ME THINK OF THE THE POP SONG "DREAM" WHICH WE USED TO SLOW DANCE TO MANY YEARS AGO...:-)  AS H.D. THOREAU SAID, "WEALTH IS THE ABILITY TO FULLY EXPERIENCE LIFE", AND WE CAN'T DO THAT WITHOUT  HAVING A DREAM IN MIND! I ONCE HAD A DREAM OF BEING A PASTOR'S WIFE...AMAZING!! GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS!!====JACK:  God must have loved dreaming, too.  There are so many dream-related stories in the Bible.  How many can you think of?
BTW, If I would ever have asked Bill, "Did you ever see a dream walking?"  He would have replied. "The time I saw Marilyn walking down the aisle the day we were married." 

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  why bother waking up if you can't dream?====JACK:  Which "DREAM" song would you choose as your song of the day?

FROM TARMART REV:  Mine just came true...a trip back east...a visit with a dear pastoral friend...and to back home safe, sound and a good nights rest behind me!====JACK:  I'm glad some of my weird dreams remain as dreams.  But they are entertaining.  It's like watching a short movie.

ROM EDUCATOR PAUL:  Back from Québec! Are there any words to describe this grandchildren phenomena? I try, but fail miserably!  Unfortunately, in my business, dreamers are ridiculed.  In fact,   A famous educator once wrote.."a vision without an action plan is just a dream." We(high productive societies) are mostly interested in results. Dreamers are ridiculed as bring frivolous.  Guess what???? How many dreamers do you know? As dreamers become less valued, their willingness to share decreases.====JACK:  Joseph was ridiculed by his brothers because of his dreams, and surely you remember how that story turned out.

FROM IKE AT THE MIC:  My dream is to have peace on earth & help everyone  become self-sufficient.====JACK:  Perhaps we can all sing that song..."Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me."====IKE:  Singing is great, but "doing" is critical.  I'm a strong believer in the poem:
Give me the courage to change things that should be changed  Give me the strength to endure things that cannot be changed  But, above all the wisdom to know the difference=====JACK:  Wisdom is so important when it comes to the decisions we make.

  

No comments: