Monday, October 13, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 10/13/14
“Forgive, forget and move on!”  (Front-yard sign)  There are some people near us who have a fake elephant in their front yard.  He holds a small hand-written sign of “Winning Words” which changes from day to day.  The one about letting go of the past and moving on was a good reminder to those who passed by.  Yesterday’s was a good one, too.  “Believe and be blessed.”  Someday I should stop in and meet the folks who live there     ;-)  Jack

 FROM MY LAWYER:  Stop and see them today.  See if they need a variance for the elephant.  I'm always in need of business!!!====JACK:  You probably wouldn't bother if it were a donkey.

FROM JK IN MICHIGAN:  I so appreciate how you pastor out of your heart for God.====JACK:  I just try to come up with some thoughts which I think might be helpful for people.  Thanks for letting me know that they have been helpful to you.

FROM DP IN MINNESOTA:  You should meet them and tell them what you do every week day.....I am certain they would cherish your contributions!====JACK:  Maybe I'll do that.  I'm not shy about knocking on the door of a stranger.  I did a lot of that when I was in the business of starting new churches.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  "Of the many imprisonments possible in our world, one of the worst must be to be inarticulate--to be unable to tell another person how you really feel." Roger Ebert (the late film and drama critic.)  I might add, or the inability to say, "I forgive you" even it  takes a bit longer to "forget"!  it frees the soul...====JACK:  Some time ago I had a Winning Words which mentioned the sadness associated with asking for forgiveness while standing beside a casket.

FROM JB IN MICHIGAN:  I can't believe you haven't already met them.  I think you said "Today is Someday" once in a sermon.  Just stop in and say "hello" and thank them for their thought of the day. ====JACK:  Someday the code enforcement officer will knock at their door and say that they have an illegal sign.  Someday I AM going to knock at their door.====JB:  Please tell me you have not added code enforcement officer to your resume.====JACK:  I take it that you've had some experience with code enforcement.  I'm more of a Gospel person than a Law man.

FROM SHARIN' SHARON: 
there must be something in your water in your neighborhood which leads you and your neighbors to be so philosophical in a WW sense--our neighborhood only generates yard sale signs and election signs and I know full well that I wouldn't have the ability to generate a different WW every day--no how, no way--not creative in that sense but very much appreciate you folks that can. You're inspiring.
====JACK:  Today, while out walking, I met two neighbors who were strangers to me.  That was fun.  Why do we, so often, isolate ourselves? 

FROM FM IN WISCONSIN:  You not only come up some real good winning words, but you are a great comedian – I bet that it is the Freed front yard that has a big fake elephant displaying a winning word five days a week.   Jack, I have continued to appreciate your words every day.====JACK:  Nope.  We don't even have a political sign in the yard.  But the elephant really captures my attention.  What will tomorrow's slogan be?
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there must be something in your water in your neighborhood which leads you and your neighbors to be so philosophical in a WW sense--our neighborhood only generates yard sale signs and election signs and I know full well that I wouldn't have the ability to generate a different WW every day--no how, no way--not creative in that sense but very much appreciate you folks that can. You're inspiring.
S.H. in MI