Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 10/1/14
“Be kind.  Remember every one of you is fighting a battle.  Everybody’s lonesome.”  (Marion Parker)  Sometimes we become so engrossed in our own problems that we forget what others are facing.  I keep a simple list of names…people to pray for.  God knows their needs.  “Are we weak and heavy-laden, cumbered with a load of care?  Take it to the Lord in prayer.  Thou wilt find a solace there.”  You can sing it or say it.    ;-)  Jack

FROM KF IN MICHIGAN:  I have a list too. Pray for S...she is continuing with tests today and tomorrow.====JACK:  I like what the hymn says..."Prayer is the soul's sincere desire, unuttered, or expressed."

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  our school rules that we live by are, "be kind to everyone.  be kind to everything.  be kind to yourself."  when someone does not follow the rules we simply ask, "was there anything kind about that?"  the child most often responds appropriately.====JACK:  School are for teaching, and they are especially good when teachers know what to teach.

FROM SHARIN' SHARON:  It's sort of neat to think of a whole world full of people where each single one would feel free and unencumbered in just being himself/herself. Guess that would be being before the fall where Adam and Eve were the first people who hankered not to be just themselves and be someone they were not. I'm trying to be myself here at my computer and appreciate your having been yourself today at your computer.  Thanks a million for the WW of encouragement for all your blog readers.====JACK:  I haven't thought of it before, but I suppose that the story of Adam and Eve covering themselves with leaves is an indication of "hiding" their true self from others.  Many (if not all) continue to do that.

FROM TARMART REV:  Singing just before typing . . . singing it as I now prepare further for the day."====JACK:  Do you know the song, In my heart there rings a melody?"
In my heart there rings a melody   There rings a melody with heaven's harmony;
 In my heart there rings a melody   There rings a melody of love!
====REV:  Sang it many, many times through the years...that is until songs and choruses I grew up on lost their place in the worship services twenty years or so past. 0;-/

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  DRAWING ON MY LONG MARRIED LIFE, I USED TO COUNSEL YOUNG COUPLES THAT THE MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTERISTIC OF A GOOD MARRIAGE IS KINDNESS!  I HAD OTHER THINGS ON MY ORIGINAL LIST (HA!) BUT IT TURNED OUT THAT A PARTNER'S KINDNESS WAS THE WINNER!  MY PARTNER WAS KIND, EVEN WHEN I BANGED UP THE NEW CAR, OR A MYRIAD OTHER BOO-BOOS, AND IT MEANT SO MUCH!!  AS THE OLD SONG GOES, "OH A GOOD MAN IS HARD TO FIND, WE ALWAYS SEEM TO GET THE OTHER KIND...." (UNLESS WE ARE LIUCKY, OR SHOULD I SAY, BLESSED?!)  I LIKE ALL THE SONGS MENTIONED IN YOUR BLOGS...WE KNOW THE SAME REPERATORY!!====JACK:  WW 2 big band songs put feelings to music in some nostalgic ways.

FROM BB IN ILLINOIS:  I was singing====JACK:  Did you sing so-lace or sol-ace?

No comments: