Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 7/29/14
“Nobody knows anything.”  (William Goldman)  This quote jumped out at me from an article In The Economist about making investments.  “Nobody knows anything!”  Even “buy low and sell high” doesn’t work all of time.  Most scientists admit that little is really known about the origin of the universe, let alone the origin of man.  And, what do we know about God…actually?  Faith can be a hard concept, but it’s all we have.    ;-)  Jack 

FROM TARMART REV:  So true about our faith . . . "Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third" . . . the game of life . . . I'm betting after the ninth inning, He will be sitting on His throne and I will be kneeling before Him.====JACK:  God is the ultimate umpire.  Fair or foul; out of safe at home!

FROM JS IN MICHIGAN:  Good quote today.====JACK:  I like it, too, because it describes the necessity for faith.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  THE PHYSICIST MICHIO KAKU  (ALL THINGS CONSIDERED) SAYS WE HAVE LEARNED MORE IN THE LAST 15 YRS.THAN IN ALL OF HUMAN HISTORY. WE CAN TAKE SOMEBODY WHO IS TOTALLY PARALYZED, PUT A CHIP IN THE BRAIN, AND HAVE THAT PERSON CONTROL A LAPTOP."   IN THE MEDICAL FIELD ANYWAY, SOMEBODY KNOWS A LOT!!  BUT FOR SURE, WE DON'T KNOW 1% OF WHAT THERE IS TO KNOW, INCLUDING OUR KNOWLEDGE OF GOD: FAITH IS A HARD CONCEPT, BUT WE "KNOW" ENOUGH TO HOLD ON!====JACK:  A reader of Winning  Words is afflicted with ALS and operates the computer with his eyes.  He looks at a letter, and the computer types that letter.  It's time consuming, but it allows communication.  Recently he typed out to a visitor..." I love you!"  His faith is strong.  I wish that I had such a faith.

FROM SBP IN FLORIDA:  The concept of faith is used quite frequently in the New Testament appearing (to me) to assure us that with faith we have it all!====JACK:  FAITH...such an easy word to say in the abstract.  Sometimes, so difficult to have in real life situations.  One of my favorite Bible quotes..."I believe; help my unbelief."

FROM CWR IN MICHIGAN:   Amen.  My father would apply the SWAG ("Scientific Wild-Assed Guess") METHOD in response to unanswerable questions.====JACK:  I'm always suspicious of those (including preachers) who have all of the answers.

1 comment:

SBP said...

The concept of faith is used quite frequently in the New Testament appearing (to me) to assure us that with faith we have it all!