Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 7/15/14
“Everybody has difficult years, but a lot of times the difficult years end up being the greatest years.”  (Brittany Murphy)  Frank Sinatra reviews his life at 17…at 21…at 35…in the autumn of life…and winds up singing, “It was a mess of good years.”  In the Bible, Joseph says to his brothers who had sold him as a slave, “You meant it for evil, but God meant it for good.”  God has a way of turning bad years into good.    ;-)  Jack

FROM MY LAWYER:  Bashert!====JACK:  What does that word mean?====LAWYER:  It's a Yiddish word meaning, "Meant to be."

FROM MICHIZONA RAY:  I found this to be true as well. In my time working with clients in the psychotherapeutic experience, those who experienced some of the most horrific histories (and who were able to understand and accept them) seemed exponentially blessed with a strength that those who were blessed with much more pleasant lives can't know.====JACK:  It has worked the same for me in my pastoral counselling.

FROM TARMART REV:  Can't really add to that, Jack . . . as for myself and my family, "God has a way of turning bad years into good!" Selah!!====JACK:  Just as Joseph had his story to tell, we each can give our own examples of how bad has been turned into good.  BTW, Selah is that mysterious word that has confused many Biblical scholars.  We don't need to know the answer to everything.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  AS THE ACTRESS DREW BARRYMORE HAS SAID, "LIFE IS VERY INTERESTING...IN THE END SOME OF YOUR GREATEST PAINS BECOME YOUR  GREATEST STRENGTHS."  SHE WAS LONELY AS AN ONLY CHILD, AND EXPERIENCED A LOT OF REJECTION, BUT NOW HAS TWO LITTLE GIRLS AND IS HAPPILY MARRIED, AND HAD SUCCESS IN HER CAREER.  MAYBE SUFFERING IS THE YEAST GOD USES TO MAKE US RISE AS INDIVIDUALS! (I THINK I READ THAT IN GUIDEPOSTS MAGAZINE!). ANYWAY, IT'S GOOD TO LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SEE HOW THE TOUGH TIMES TAUGHT US SOME GOOD LESSONS!====JACK:  I read this somewhere..."A few fleas is good for a dog."

2 comments:

Ray Gage said...

I found this to be true as well. In my time working with clients in the psychotherapeutic experience, those who experienced some of the most horrific histories (and who were able to understand and accept them) seemed exponentially blessed with a strength that those who were blessed with much more pleasant lives can't know.

Anonymous said...

I experienced a pregnancy which ended in still birth and then two more miscarriages and God led me through and to a spiritual place where I have more belief in heaven and in Him and trust in His Church than I ever had had before so I count myself and Jerry and our daughter and her husband as immeasurably blessed by God's Providence in all our lives.
S.H. in MI