Thursday, June 05, 2014

Jack’s Winning Words 6/5/14
“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.”  (Charles Kingsley)   What can you be enthusiastic about that will make you happy?  That’s something to “chew” on today.  Ask someone else that question.  ;-)  Jack

FROM MICHIZONA RAY:  I can be enthusiastic about the idea that the only true requirement for Happiness is choosing it. I am happy for the gift of Life; and yet while in-the-world it is full of both pain and pleasure. I have to really keep my focus to be happy while experiencing the painful parts. ====JACK:  I remember laughing so hard it hurt.  Pleasure and pain?

FROM TARMART REV:  The sun coming up and brightening the bedroom a little after 5 am this morning . . . a new day never been lived in before and awaiting my arrival!!====JACK:  Proverbs 27:1.  Enjoy today for today, for none of us knows about tomorrow.

FROM GOOD DEBT JON:  “…can anybody find me, SOMEBODY TO LOVE??!”  The ending of a passionate song by Queen, but it goes for love and life purpose.  I had read once (OK, more than once) that the root meaning of enthusiasm: enthusiasm (n.) c.1600, from Middle French enthousiasme (16c.) and directly from Late Latin enthusiasmus, from Greek enthousiasmos "divine inspiration," from enthousiazein "be inspired or possessed by a god, be rapt, be in ecstasy," from entheos "divinely inspired, possessed by a god," from en "in" (see en- (2)) + theos "god" (see theo-).  So literally, enthusiasm should be taken to mean “God within us.”   Right now I am heading to Starbucks, enthusiastically, to write a paper.  All the best, thanks for this thought provoking WW. ====JACK:  I learned about enthusiasm in my 1st year Greek class.  (εν Θεός)

FROM FM IN WISCONSIN:  Discovering what I can do for someone else – it is a matter of being out and about – and encountering a person with a need.   Responding fills a need I have and makes me happy.====JACK:  Today I heard of some children who need white shirts and dark pants/skirts for school this fall.  Right now, I'm wondering how I can help meet that need by getting others involved.

FROM BLAZING OAKS:  I'VE OFEN BEEN TOLD  THAT I HAVE THE GIFT OF ENTHUSIASM...(SO DID MY TWINNER, JAN)...AND IT'S A GREAT HELP IN ENJOYING EACH DAY, AND ALL  IT BRINGS.  ENTHUSIASTIC AS TO FAMILY AND ALL THAT ENTAILS, MY CHURCH AND FAITH,  MY GOLF AND BRIDGE BUDDIES, BEAUTIFUL SUMMER SCENERY AND WEATHER, ETC. ETC. AND I CAN'T FORGET WW...A GREAT PART OF EVERY DAY!! BLESS, YOU JACK FOR ALL YOUR WORK IN BRINGING THESE GEMS DAILY. A ONCE A WEEK SERMON IS NO SHABBY EFFORT EITHER. I MARVEL HOW HARD IT MUST BE TO COME UP WITH A CREATIVE, THOUGHTFUL MESSAGE EACH AND EVERY WEEK!!!!====JACK:  When we realize that the word enthusiasm means that God is in us, how can we not feel a sense of wanting to do something meaningful?  Winning Words is a kind of pep talk for people, including myself.

FROM PLAIN FOLKS CHESTER:  What are you going to be enthusiastic about today?====JACK:  I'm trying to get my mind around a plan to get school clothes for some needy kids.

FROM PEPPERMINT MARY:  i just spent 4 days with my great nephew otto and his family.  (genie, god-daughter emily, and sister arloa).  otto is one of the most enthusiastic and positive little 17 month old human i have had the pleasure to spend time with.  i learned much from him.  life is good!====JACK:  Since you're happy and you know it, clap your hands and show it.  (your song for the day)

No comments: